Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45 Colt

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Well that’s a hard question. I’m going to have to say my 629 3” .44Mag as I’ve probably carried and shot it more than my other revolvers.
I don’t think I could part with any of them though.
View attachment 278864
I really like your 629 3”!!!

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Everyone needs to buy all the revolvers, so the price can go down. Supply and demand if they don't sell any they don't have to make many and they control the price. I have been wanting a couple revolvers lately and the prices are outrageous.
Precovid a Ruger sp101 2.25” .357 mag was msrp of around $550. Now they are like msrp of $700+.

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
Years ago when I still shot handguns my favourites were a pair of Ruger Blackhawks in .44 mag ! What I craved was a .41 mag in blackhawk ! I have only ever seen one 41 mag in Australia .It was in Western Australia and was owned by my boss in the Conservation and Land Management dept ! We were allowed to own Handguns for pest destruction purposes (IE crawling down into a Dingo's den to destroy their litters ! It's a little hairy when you come face to face with Mum or Dad ! The entrances aren't all that wide !) I tried to get a .41 but the distributors and importer's weren't interested in importing one handgun

· Super Moderator
79,028 Posts
My dad’s Smith & Wesson 357 Magnum 686-1.
I received this one after his death. It will always be my favorite.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Everyone needs to buy all the revolvers, so the price can go down. Supply and demand if they don't sell any they don't have to make many and they control the price. I have been wanting a couple revolvers lately and the prices are outrageous.
When Law Enforcement across the country was transitioning to autos from revolvers, you could get some decent deals. I bought a couple of Texas DPS S&W 586 .357 mags for $250 each in 1993.
I traded them off many years ago. I bought most of mine in the mid 1990’s when they were somewhat reasonable. Now prices can get crazy.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

my most recent revolvers I’ve bought.
Top S&W Jerry Miculek 625 4” .45ACP
Bottom S&W 3” 686 .357 Mag.
Both sporting VZ grips

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
I love shooting my 1917 Colt in 45acp but it's large, heavy, uses clips, and is rather cumbersome to carry so I shoot my S&W model 10-10 in 38spl more often and carry it at times.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
View attachment 278877 View attachment 278878
We used to be issued with Mod 10s for work ! They were ex WA police issue ! Most of us carried Browning Buckmarks though. In a enclosed space the noise of a .38 was deafening ! How our boss coped with the .41 was anybody's guess ! Story goes he got stuck in a Dingo's den once and was badly injured (he did have horrible scars on his hands and arms )

· Banned
995 Posts
Years ago when I still shot handguns my favourites were a pair of Ruger Blackhawks in .44 mag ! What I craved was a .41 mag in blackhawk ! I have only ever seen one 41 mag in Australia .It was in Western Australia and was owned by my boss in the Conservation and Land Management dept ! We were allowed to own Handguns for pest destruction purposes (IE crawling down into a Dingo's den to destroy their litters ! It's a little hairy when you come face to face with Mum or Dad ! The entrances aren't all that wide !) I tried to get a .41 but the distributors and importer's weren't interested in importing one handgun
Pulling the trigger on a large caliber handgun in an enclosed space can be a bit of a shock even with hearing protection. :)
My brother has a Dan Wesson or S&W SA/DA revolver and a pistol, though I don't remember the manufacturer, in 41 mag. He's always liked the caliber.
Like you I prefer the older Blackhawk models but I'm looking for one in .357 mag. I know Ruger made the Blackhawk in 41 mag but they didn't seem to be very common in that caliber. I had a couple of the early Super Blackhawks in 44 mag but they departed at some point. Greedy exes...... :(
Here's a nice example of a newer Blackhawk in 41 mag in my favorite barrel length of 4 5/8".
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

· Banned
995 Posts
We used to be issued with Mod 10s for work ! They were ex WA police issue ! Most of us carried Browning Buckmarks though. In a enclosed space the noise of a .38 was deafening ! How our boss coped with the .41 was anybody's guess ! Story goes he got stuck in a Dingo's den once and was badly injured (he did have horrible scars on his hands and arms )
Here's a revolver for you. It's six shot, double action only, but it is 40 caliber; 40mm that is.
With one of these you wouldn't have to go into a Dingo's den, just lob a round into the entrance and that's all she wrote.
Thinning out camel herds would be easy too. Two or three rounds and no more herd.
Yessir, For someone in your line of work I believe it would be the ideal all around firearm. :)
I wonder if they make fleshette rounds for them like those that could be fired in the old M79s? They were right handy.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........

1 - 20 of 44 Posts