Goodday folks from R.S.A

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grobbie, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Grobbie

Grobbie New Member

Hallo my name is Johan (Grobbie), and from Groblersdal. South-Africa.

I have aquired me a Glock 19, after all the prescribed stuff was done!
    And own it now for 3 months, I make use of a IMI defence holster for consealed carry, wich is compulsery by law.

I was previously involved in law-enforcement (South-African Police) for 17 years. The Glock was a new mindset for me, as (a) I was not carrying or ownning by that matter a gun for a couple of years . (b) The saftey features of the Glock?

Let me explain .
    I releid on a saftey catch on a weapon for many years. In my career I made use of various 9mm pistols . Walther P38, CZ 75, Berretta 92 F, Z88.Mainly for work and self-defence.

The Glock made me realise safe carrying and using the gun is possible without a traditional saftey catch.
    There is for me 2 golden rules a). Finger of the trigger until engageing. b)Now the status of the weapon, one up or not?

Thank you for the oppertunity to join the forum.

Groete Johan

2. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome from North Carolina!

Since you have had some weapons training, I'd say carry the G19 with a loaded chamber. You know to keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to fire, that is your main safety.

What type of bullet/ammo will you use in your G19? Just wondering.

3. G17_Ian

G17_Ian New Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Johan. Yes as you can tell wel like our GLOCKS here! Enjoy! Wish you a good day.

5. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

6. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Grobbie! If you mean one in the chamber when you carry, by, one up, Then yes always, I always do and I feel completely safe doing so. Enjoy the forum Grobbie!

8. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

Welcome to the forum

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Grobbie! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

10. Welcome to the forum Grobbie!! Enjoy your stay!!

11. Tape

Tape New Member

welcome Grobbie
    what is the going rate for a new Glock down there in SA?
    How is the current weather?
    It is nice to have a member from a different country just for S&G and also info for visiting different countries.

12. Grobbie

Grobbie New Member

Hallo Sir.
    I make use of PMP 115 gr FMJ and Magtech 115gr JHP, amunution .I dont think it is the best . But it is available and affordable?

About R 250.00 per hundred.

13. Grobbie

Grobbie New Member

Hi
    A paid for the Glock 19 , R 9 500. You need about R8.00 to buy a dollar.
    It is Winter year , but ver modderate weather, I dont now what it is in Farenheit?
    But tempratures in celcuis is at it coldest during the night between (2-10), day temratures (17-25)

The area is Bushveld , farming and game farming, Northen - Transvaal!
    Summers are extreme and tempratures rises eascily to 42 celcuis. And Winters is between 4-5 months,from May to Augusts.

Kind regards !

14. survivor

survivor New Member

Hey everyone!

I'm also for South Africa! Great place to live... But good to have a gun...

Nice to see people from across the ocean carrying and experiencing crime and all that... Makes me feel like I don't live in the wild wild west...

I have a gen 3 G19 which I got in 1999. Shot plenty through it and it is still in perfect condition. Definately carry in condition 1!

Also got a RONI G1 to make it a carbine.. Very cool...

Anyways.. Welcome Grobbie... Nice to see another Vaalie here!