Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting out, I am most likely going to get a single stage lee press. I was looking at the Frankford Arms one, however seems very hit or miss with them. So I am leaning towards the Lyman. I know there are ultrasonics, and other better tumblers, however I am poor college kid and money is tight. I will not be reloading in massive quantities, between 50-100 rounds at a time. 9mm and .308, I would appreciate any information and expierence you all have, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Just hand wash them if that's all you will be reloading it's not that bad and then you don't need a tumbler

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
I believe both Cabella's and Scheel's Outfitters (also I think MidwayUSA) have combo deals on their house brand tumbler with media and a case separator as well, for like $100. It is worth looking into.

While washing in warm water and liquid dish soap works, your brass will look grungy and the insides of the cases do not get cleaned, and some brands of ammo burn dirty so there is a bit of crud in there that only a tumber (or ultrasonic) can remove.

I have had 2 Frankford Arsenal tumblers in my life, and after many many hundreds and hundreds of hours of running the motor in the first one I had burned out....bought another one, same brand and model. Now, I also have the Cabella's house brand tumbler that I use for truly bulk quantities, and use the FA one strictly for polishing.

You could also check the Craigslist listings in your area, you may find a second hand tumbler that will work for you within your budget, and even if it only lasts a year or two then it'll be a year or two that you can save up to get whatever you really want and still be cleaning cases along the way.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts