Glock Firearms banner
1941 - 1960 of 1980 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't know what state you live in, but in Texas, you can qualify with a .22 if you want and still carry anything you want. I think you used to have to qualify with a semi-automatic in order to carry a semi-auto. If you qualified with a revolver, you could only carry a revolver. But I think they have done away with that as well.

So, the lady might be totally correct. But I would not take her word for it, but check it out in the regulations.
no, here, you can qualify with say that .22.....that's all you get to carry.

if one qualifies with say a .50 caliber, now you can have anything under that caliber as your carry.

all the range safety guys, and the gal that teaches the ccw classes have said this. this is the reason why she (the ccw teacher) provides a .45 ACP, rather than say a .380 or 9 MM.

this gal that teaches the ccw classes, does it at my range and a few others, a Life Member of the NRA and is now a National Rifle Association-certified instructor. She teaches and offers basic pistol classroom instruction, hands-on live fire training and advanced classes, as well, as rifle, shotgun and muzzle-loading.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
no, here, you can qualify with say that .22.....that's all you get to carry.

if one qualifies with say a .50 caliber, now you can have anything under that caliber as your carry.

all the range safety guys, and the gal that teaches the ccw classes have said this. this is the reason why she (the ccw teacher) provides a .45 ACP, rather than say a .380 or 9 MM.

this gal that teaches the ccw classes, does it at my range and a few others, a Life Member of the NRA and is now a National Rifle Association-certified instructor. She teaches and offers basic pistol classroom instruction, hands-on live fire training and advanced classes, as well, as rifle, shotgun and muzzle-loading.
So what state are you in?

Would a muzzleloader count? .58 caliber would cover just about everything in the realm of possibilities.:cool:
Motor vehicle Trigger Air gun Automotive exterior Font

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Another trip to the range a couple of days ago. I always start indoor range sessions with Dot Torture drill because it's only 50 rounds and it works a variety of skills. I also started doing the Failure Drill (aka Mozambique Drill) and the Cloverleaf Drill because they're both only 3 rounds each. I need a shot timer for the failure drill; I think I completed this one (my 6th attempt) in about 6 seconds which is too slow, but I don't really know how long I really took. And the Cloverleaf is way harder than it looks, even from 2 yards.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I bought this savage ultralight in 308 win. It has not produced very good groups with factory ammo or my reloads yet. I have been concentrating on 150s and 165s. Loaded up some 180 gr partitions this morning with Varget. Seems to like them! I will have to try some more... this is a four shot group. I had a nice 3 shot group with one extra round in my pocket, the over all length on it was a bit shorter than the other three but it seemed to not matter much. It’s a good feeling to finally see some progress with this gun.

1941 - 1960 of 1980 Posts