Good Gun Belt?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by silver04v, Apr 28, 2012.

1. silver04v

silver04v New Member

Can anyone recommend a good but fairly priced gun belt? Looking for something nice but no more than 50 dollars, the cheaper the better but I don't want to cheap on quality to much. Thanks in advance.

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I wear a Safariland 2.25" nylon duty belt. I've been wearing the same one for 6 years now and it still looks new.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

For my tactical pants I wear a blackhawk riggers belt, for my jeans, I have a double thick $12 faded glory belt from Wally world, and my dress belt is a two sided leather/nylon reversible belt by victorinox I got from target. They do the job well I might add. Really rigid when they need to be and they look great!

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I wear a 5.11 belt. Works great, better than all those pleather belts ive used.

5. I've never tried the standard "three stitch" belts so I can't say how stiff they are. All I've tried are the "five stitch" which is a option but is free right now. Also they offer CSM{polymer lined} and I can't imagine how stiff that would be. The five stitch works fine for all my needs. I wear the 1.75" all day every day even at work and I do a lot of bending, squatting and weird contortionists maneuvers at work.

6. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

BlackHawk Carbon Fiber Belt? very nice.

7. Yea i think its a bit cheesey but the quality and function is great. If he was limited on budget you cant beat a quality leather belt

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

If you want a leather belt, go to Opticsplanet.com and look at the Blackhawk CQC belts. They have certain sizes/styles on sale for $20. I just bought one a couple of months ago. Seems every bit as good as my 5.11 leather belts and I swear by those.

I bought a 1.75" for my first belt, but all of my holsters were 1.5 and so were my jeans, so I had to return it and get a 1.5. I'm guessing you haven't had this problem?

I haven't used the Wilderness belt, but I've used a similar 5.11 belt with the stiffener. They work well.

9. Mike makes his own holsters, I think thats the big difference

10. I prefer the 1.75 for the ability to hold the weapon even more upright with no chance of sag or leaning out that sometimes happens with larger/heavier weapons using a 1.5. Also all of my pants, shorts, jeans or other wise accept 1.75 with no problem.

11. Shooting98

Shooting98 Member

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I just ordered the 5.11 double duty. Hope it's good?

Attached Files:

13. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Yep, it's good belt! Hope you enjoy it!

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you!

15. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I like this belt and would have ordered one already but I see no guidelines on how to choose your size! They have sizes Small-4XL but no way to help you in choosing which size you need. Anybody have any info on how to accurately choose?

16. go to the bottom....

http://www.gtdist.com/511-sizingchart-all.htm

Also here's the one on 5.11's site. Not easy to find.....it's in small print at the bottom of the pages......

http://www.511tactical.com/sizecharts.html