Glock Firearms banner
301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
The only 22 pistol l would own is a Ruger Standsrd 4-5/8" barrel.
View attachment 207371
That fine. :)

For the 'recoil sensitive' wanting to learn and practice with a more traditional semi-automatic pistol, I'd recommend the Glock 44 and Walther P22.

The Walther P22 fits those with very small hands especially well. ;)

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen the same thing, and the same fix, as you describe. Wasn't there someone who made a dual-pronged firing pin on their .22LR gun back years ago to address this issue? I don't know if I'm remembering it right, but I'm thinking the original Henry .44 rimfire rifle used a two-pronged firing pin as well. Seems like a dual-prong firing pin would be a relatively easy thing from an engineering standpoint, that might make a manufacturer's gun a lot more attractive to the scads of us rimfire shooters who mostly use bulk stuff.
Yes a dual prong would give you a much better chance of firing a defective round. But there is a big "but", it would require twice the striking force to properly hit the rim twice.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just put another 50 rounds through the Glock 44. Remington stuff. Worked perfect as usual, though I was using the modified mag. Had tons of fun doing presentations from IWB holster normally used for my G19X. Learned that having the beaver tail grip on it was counter productive for my draw so I have taken it off my carry gun as well. Such a fun gun!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just put another 50 rounds through the Glock 44. Remington stuff. Worked perfect as usual, though I was using the modified mag. Had tons of fun doing presentations from IWB holster normally used for my G19X. Learned that having the beaver tail grip on it was counter productive for my draw so I have taken it off my carry gun as well. Such a fun gun!
How many total rounds do you have through it? What is the mod to the mag you mentioned. Glock mag or ?
I must have about 6 to 7 hundred through mine and it now works perfectly now, even with Remington Thunderbolt.
CCI is now selling direct. I just got my shipment of 2k rounds consisting of 40 RN and 36 hollowpoints. It works flawlessly which is typical of CCI. Price at $.12 delivered.

·
Registered
477 Posts
How many total rounds do you have through it? What is the mod to the mag you mentioned. Glock mag or ?
I must have about 6 to 7 hundred through mine and it now works perfectly now, even with Remington Thunderbolt.
CCI is now selling direct. I just got my shipment of 2k rounds consisting of 40 RN and 36 hollowpoints. It works flawlessly which is typical of CCI. Price at $.12 delivered.
i am not entirely sure how many rounds in is have through my G44. If I had to guess I would say somewhere between 1500-2000 rounds, with multiple shooters having a go at it.

Back when these first came out, one of our resident smart people realized that these magazines do not have vertical slots cut in the rear top portion of the magazine to allow proper stacking of the rim fire shells like most high capacity .22LR autos do. So, he modified some magazines with just such a set of slots. It takes a magazine that in my case was about 98% reliable if loaded properly to 100% reliable regardless of how careful you are loading it. I am convinced this is how Glock should make their magazines. I am honestly surprised they have not made this simple modification yet. Maybe they think they are “good enough”.

If I use my non-modified magazines, the onlyrounds I have had problems with are .22 rounds with a large nose or large hollow point that gets caught on the magazine on the way out.

Thanks for the CCI info, I will have to look into that!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
i am not entirely sure how many rounds in is have through my G44. If I had to guess I would say somewhere between 1500-2000 rounds, with multiple shooters having a go at it.

Back when these first came out, one of our resident smart people realized that these magazines do not have vertical slots cut in the rear top portion of the magazine to allow proper stacking of the rim fire shells like most high capacity .22LR autos do. So, he modified some magazines with just such a set of slots. It takes a magazine that in my case was about 98% reliable if loaded properly to 100% reliable regardless of how careful you are loading it. I am convinced this is how Glock should make their magazines. I am honestly surprised they have not made this simple modification yet. Maybe they think they are “good enough”.

If I use my non-modified magazines, the onlyrounds I have had problems with are .22 rounds with a large nose or large hollow point that gets caught on the magazine on the way out.

Thanks for the CCI info, I will have to look into that!
" I am honestly surprised they have not made this simple modification yet. Maybe they think they are “good enough”.

Yes, everything Gaston has made is perfection and many are far from perfection including the G 44 magazines.

Reactions: helitack32f1
301 - 308 of 308 Posts