Glock's new G44

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TheKraken, Jan 5, 2020.

1. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Liberty2642 and Jim Beam like this.
  2. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

I’m really looking forward to this thing and was hoping to pick one up the moment they arrive but so far my friend at the LGS claims they don’t have any inbound. I hope he is lying or something. I hate waiting!

LElliott likes this.

3. TheKraken

Me too, My wife has my name in 3 of my LGS's here in town. So the first one that gets them in should notify. I will go get it as soon as I get the call.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  4. joeb1

joeb1 Member

I shot one last week. Why only 10 rounds? It was ok for a 22 auto. There are others that carry 16 or more rounds.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 3:40 PM
  5. helitack32f1

Rumor is, there is a 15 round mag in the works but initially they went with 10 round mag for best reliability and possibly also so they could sell to magazine restricted states as well. That is all rumor. While a higher capacity mag would maybe be nicer, until recently all .22lr handguns that I know of came with 10 round magazines and there is probably a reason for that. And people still bought them.

6. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member

I'm unsure on this one. If I hadn't bought a TX22 last year, I'd definitely be interested, but I'm currently reducing the number of guns I own (some gone, at least two more to go), and not sure how long it'll take to eventually be tempted enough to buy another 22 pistol.

I may eventually be enticed into one primarily due to the holster compatibility with the G19. If it will take G19 sights so I could get some to match, that would be another huge plus.

Danzig, helitack32f1 and TheKraken like this.
  7. Great gun for beginners as well as a cheaper training option for experienced.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  8. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

You can "preorder" one from GT Distributors for delivery on 1/20/20. If you go to their website it will give you information and numbers to place that order direct to your FFL.

I think I'm going to wait until they have been out a while and see how people review them and they get them in stock so I don't have to pay the FFL charge.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  9. helitack32f1

I have to admit, I have often questioned the need for this type of .22. Like the TX22 and the Ruger SR-22 and the other various carry gun type .22’s They will never be as accurate as a dedicated .22LR platform and neither the TX 22 nor the SR-22 match up to any “real” handgun so their use in training is questionable, especially the Ruger which has a backwards safety on it.

And yet I bought an SR-22 because I wanted one. It seemed like a fun thing to shoot and it was but then I went off and sold it for no other reason than someone asked if they could buy it. I have regretted that short sighted sale since then because it would have been a great handgun for my daughter to shoot as she grows and would be less intimidating than my 19X, which she has shot.

Anyway, all that to say I will buy a Glock 44 because I want one and I think it will be fun, not because I have any real need but if the wife asks, it is easy and convenient to point out to her how useful it will be in having fun with our daughter while getting her used to shooting a relevant .22LR design.

Blue Jacket likes this.
  10. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought the sr22 solely to teach my boys how to shoot a semi automatic platform pistol.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  11. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I have an S&P M&P 22 compact that mostly my wife shoots and she shoots my Glock 19 sometimes as well. She would now be comfortable with the Glock 44 and the only reason I would buy it is because somehow I hope that it handles the cheap range 22 lr ammo more reliable than the M&P. We have pretty constant problems with eject and feed problems with it and quite often have to use a rod to clear a spent casing out of it. Real pain in the butt. We have used a bunch of different kinds of ammo and have some problems with most of it except CCI mini mags which are pretty reliable but about twice the cost or more than some of the other ammo.

12. helitack32f1

This almost exactly mirrors the issues I have with my recently purchased 10/22!

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam On the Beach Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

14. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Yes, but only two mags, so assume another $23 or $24, plus $15 to $35 to ship to your favorite FFL. I can buy a Glock 19 at blue label pricing with 3 mags for $348.

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam On the Beach Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Send link for G19 with 3 mags for $348.

AUTigerman, Danzig and TheKraken like this.
  16. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    This was my last Blue Label purchase 9/11/2019. AAF4C122-A3F6-41A5-973E-BCCD59F3C245.jpeg

joeb1 likes this.
  17. Dargun

Dargun Active Member

darn, that blue label program is cool, except for guys like me who don't qualify. I do however really like 22's esp. for training young people.

Danzig likes this.
  18. TheKraken

@Dargun
    You can always join GSSF and receive GSSF certificates which allow you to buy Glocks on the blue label program. If you join for 2 years, you will receive 2 certificates good for 2 blue label Glocks.

joeb1, Dargun and Danzig like this.
  19. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

You want him to join GSSF before he decides to be a supporting member here

20. Dargun

Dargun Active Member

thanks for the tip, I appreciate that