Glock Forum banner

"Glocks for Girls" article

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  KeenansGarage 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Great article. Thanks for posting it. Tori is an amazing young woman.

#3 ·
I actually wrote this article. Hope you guys liked it. Hope to post more articles about Glocks and other weapons as well. At my heart, Glocks are still my favorite. Carried one for over 20 years now and they've never let me down.

As for Tori, a very smart and mature girl. For any of us who are parents, we could learn something from how her dad really lives out his values. He inspired his kids with a love for shooting and the shooting sport.

#4 ·
I actually wrote this article. Hope you guys liked it. Hope to post more articles about Glocks and other weapons as well. At my heart, Glocks are still my favorite. Carried one for over 20 years now and they've never let me down.

As for Tori, a very smart and mature girl. For any of us who are parents, we could learn something from how her dad really lives out his values. He inspired his kids with a love for shooting and the shooting sport.
Welcome to the forum Bcj!! We look forward to your future contributions! Enjoy!

#5 ·
bcj128 said:

Great article! Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy!

#8 ·
Great article bcj. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum! Definitely gonna look up some of your other stuff. You have something that is sorely lacking in much of online journalism these days...skill as a writer! Keep up the good work.

#9 ·
gardan01 said:
I am a bit confused. Is Glock manufacturing special pistols for Tori Nonaka? The article quotes her as stating that she prefers the "model 24," but I cannot find that model on Glock's website, the only "extra long" pistol chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge is the model 35.
The Glock 24 is a long slide version of the .40 S&W for competition - like the17L in 9mm. The G35 is also a completion model that is slightly shorter. I'm carrying a G35 Gen4 as we speak in my duty rig. Best .40 I've ever owned.

#10 · (Edited)
I am a bit confused. Is Glock manufacturing special pistols for Tori Nonaka? The article quotes her as stating that she prefers the "model 24," but I cannot find that model on Glock's website, the only "extra long" pistol chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge is the model 35.
First produced in '94. Here is a link to usGlock with a description / cut sheet
http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock24.htm

Glock 24 is similar to the target Glock 17L model. It was dropped after Glock released the Glock 34 and 35.

#11 · (Edited)
Thank you all for clearing this up for me. I used the information provided, and I do understand that the model 24 was the predecessor to the model 35, generations three and four. I also understand that both current versions of the model 35 are "legal" for use in the production category of USPSA, but "L" models are not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.