"Glocks for Girls" article

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dwcfastrice, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Great article. Thanks for posting it. Tori is an amazing young woman.

3. bcj128

bcj128 New Member

I actually wrote this article. Hope you guys liked it. Hope to post more articles about Glocks and other weapons as well. At my heart, Glocks are still my favorite. Carried one for over 20 years now and they've never let me down.

As for Tori, a very smart and mature girl. For any of us who are parents, we could learn something from how her dad really lives out his values. He inspired his kids with a love for shooting and the shooting sport.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Bcj!! We look forward to your future contributions! Enjoy!

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Great article! Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy!

6. bcj128

bcj128 New Member

Thanks guys. I look forward to it as well. I have a whole bunch of Glock articles on GunsAmerica if you want to peruse them. This is a great forum.

7. gardan01

gardan01 New Member

I am a bit confused. Is Glock manufacturing special pistols for Tori Nonaka? The article quotes her as stating that she prefers the "model 24," but I cannot find that model on Glock's website. The only "extra long" pistol chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge is the model 35.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. Great article bcj. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum! Definitely gonna look up some of your other stuff. You have something that is sorely lacking in much of online journalism these days...skill as a writer! Keep up the good work.

9. bcj128

bcj128 New Member

The Glock 24 is a long slide version of the .40 S&W for competition - like the17L in 9mm. The G35 is also a completion model that is slightly shorter. I'm carrying a G35 Gen4 as we speak in my duty rig. Best .40 I've ever owned.

10. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

First produced in '94. Here is a link to usGlock with a description / cut sheet
    http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock24.htm

Glock 24 is similar to the target Glock 17L model. It was dropped after Glock released the Glock 34 and 35.

11. gardan01

gardan01 New Member

Thank you all for clearing this up for me. I used the information provided, and I do understand that the model 24 was the predecessor to the model 35, generations three and four. I also understand that both current versions of the model 35 are "legal" for use in the production category of USPSA, but "L" models are not.

12. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

They also meet IDPA standards which the 17L and the 24 do not.

13. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Nice article! Thanks for posting. Good job Brian!