Glock44

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by adc100, Oct 26, 2020.

1. adc100

adc100 Active Member Supporter

Recently sold my G42, 43, 26 and bought a Sig P365 (another story). Bought a G44. Man do I love that thing. The trigger is unlike other glocks. Relative long pull (less than half pound). Once this takeup ends it fires with zero "squish". I had it checked and was exactly 6 pounds. Its very accurate. At 10 yards offhand...6 out of 10 in a predrawn 2" circle. At 7 yards, all 10 in a predrawn 2" circle and 5 in the 1"bullseye!!!
    I have only put 40 rounds through it and did not really check the reset. I an guessing it is quite small.

I am taking some instructor courses starting Nov and I needed to shoot a bit more. In 100 rounds I'll more than pay back the cost of the pistol. I did have one misfire in that time but I am guessing its the ammo.

The other thing is that my Sig's trigger is exactly 6 lb. also.

Anyways..I highly recommend the pistol.

RevV, Danzig and SJ 40 like this.
  2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Congrats,they like most rimfire handguns can be ammo sensitive. My example chokes on some recommended brands and yet gobbles up Remington Thunderbolt's,which reportedly aren't supposed to do well in most G 44's,go figure.

RevV, mattm and Danzig like this.

3. adc100

adc100 Active Member Supporter

Thanks sj

SJ 40 likes this.
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

T'bolts work great in my Advantage Arms G17 conversion as well, even though the very first sentence, in BIG LETTERS says DON'T USE REMINGTON THUNDERBOLT. Glad my contrarian nature ignored that command :p

SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  5. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Their 'issue' with Remington Thunderbolts is 'leading'... not reliability.

Advantage Arms Glock FAQ
    Frequently Asked Questions Conversion Kits for Glock Pistols

Is there any ammo that you do not recommend?

We do not recommend Stingers or any other Hyper velocity ammo. Also, the kits do not function very well with Federal bulk pack or PMC ammo. DO NOT use Remington Thunderbolts as they will lead up the barrel. We do not recommend any Winchester ammo.
    If the barrel is kept 'clean', Remington Thunderbolts (and some of the 'other' cartridges loaded with non-plated bullets) will function just fine.

Best regards,

Bob

RevV, Southlake and Danzig like this.
  6. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

ballistol and a boresnake on a hot barrel, every outing...the accuracy of that kit astounds me. About 1500 rounds in so far. I also often use t'bolts in my sr22, marlin 60ss and Savage mk2....same cleaning method. Biggest mess is in the marlin 60 action...stripped every outing/200 rounds.

got around 15k rounds of plated .22, thinking it'l go in the will

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    SJ 40 likes this.
  7. rbbeers

Then you should be 'good to go'. :)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    SJ 40 likes this.
  8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

I had about 2 K on hand because they would cause a Bretta to choke on them,as I had planed on using them up in a single six and hadn't gotten around to it as yet but tried them in the G 44 and they are just about gone now.

As to leading I clean my guns, so that is never problem some.

mattm likes this.
  9. rbbeers

I clean my guns, too... but only 'as required', not after every use. ;)

For example, my 9mm Luger practice and competition cartridges are loaded with a polymer-coated bullet that essentially 'cleans' the bore with every shot. The bore simply doesn't need cleaning (just oiled).

However, when I shoot (non-jacketed, non-plated, non-coated) lead bullets in ANY of my firearms, I ALWAYS ensure that any leading is properly 'cleared' and the bore is 'clean'.

That's my point. :)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    RevV, SJ 40 and Southlake like this.
  10. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Same here if it's bear lead bullets fired it gets the bore cleaned and in the case of the G 44 that's the majority of what's fired out of it

11. rbbeers

Personally, I much prefer 22LR cartridges loaded with plated bullets. :)

Best regards,

Bob

Southlake and jhg like this.
  12. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I agree.

rbbeers likes this.