Glock19 barrel issue

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cbk342, Feb 18, 2012.

1. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Anyone had a problem with a gen 3 Glock 19 ? what's happening is the slide is rubbing on the upperside of the barrel... It's the part of the barrel that covers the chamber. For example pulling back the slide might rub on this part causing a horizontal line of wear on this part any ideas why?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum cbk342 !!

Not sure about your problem...try field stripping it and see if there is a burr on the slide causing the scratch...

3. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Ya after field stripping it a part of the slide also has paint missing like it's rubbing on the chamber part of the barrel is that a warranty issue... The gun is great but when I pay 500$ for a gun I expect perfection u know...

4. SHOOTER13

Send us a picture of the underside of the slide and the scratch when you get off that damn phone...

5. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Grabbing some dinner then I'll do that

6. SHOOTER13

Sounds good my friend...

7. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

The first picure shows the wear line on the barrel part that goes into the slide when retracted... The second pic is the part that meets the barrel and also shows wear like it's rubbing but u can't see the wear from the pic ... Any ideas why this happened?

Attached Files:

8. vansteen13

vansteen13 New Member

If you shoot it a lot, it will show signs of wear, but is nothing to be concerned about. I have that on all my Glocks and does not affect its performance. When you clean the gun, make sure you apply a drop of oil to that area. Either rub lube on the under side of the slide or when the gun is assembled, just place a drop on that area and work the slide back and forth. You will be fine.

9. SHOOTER13

10. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Good to hear thanks man last week I just bought a colt 1911 .22 can't wait to shoot it along with the flock 19

11. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Dam auto correct

12. SHOOTER13

Really...can you post a pic of that Colt !

13. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Here it is pickn it up Monday retail price was 420$ colt 1911 .22

Attached Files:

14. SHOOTER13

That is sweet...always wanted a .22 caliber 1911, but not a conversion kit.

15. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

They have three versions of this one I thought the skeleton trigger and rail were pretty cool lookin and ammo is super cheap

16. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

What do u mean by conversion kit?

17. SHOOTER13

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  18. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Oh got ya, they actually make them in .22 this isn't a conversion it's a colt government issue by a company named umarex ya I'm not a fan of conversions myself

19. SHOOTER13

Umarex Colt

Roger that...

Umarex USA is subsidiary of Umarex Sportwaffen GMBH & Co.(Germany) and distributes RWS Air Rifles, Walther airguns, and a variety of popular firearm replicas.

http://colt22rimfire.com/