Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Glock 35 Gen 4, this is my first Glock with adjustable sights, I found myself shooting 8 to 10 inches high what I read the back screw adjust the right and left and the front screw adjust the height, so if I’m shooting 8 inches high do I move the sight down :confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get confused on this; if I’m shooting high I move my sight up?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
If you hitting too high on the target, raise the rear sight to lower your point of impact.

Keep track of the turns you make so you can get an idea of how much a turn gives you at that distance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was afraid of, I'm shooting 8 to 10 inches high and the adjustments already as low as it can go. I should probably consider some good aftermarket sites

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I wrote it wrong at first, confusion must be contagious. Sorry. Raise the rear to bring the impact down.

what distance are you shooting at?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thank you.
I was getting confused, my rear site was already maxed down and I couldn't lowered anymore. I thought I was to have to invest in some new sites which I probably should anyway

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
They should work okay, as long as you can see them alright. I'm just used to the front sight being the elevation adjustment on my S&W's.

Had to think for as sec. It's hot here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was considering changing the front post which seems easy to do with a heinie

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
My Gen 4 G 21 just came with factory fixed sights, and the front post was in pretty good, like it was assembled with locktite.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I moved the rear sight up.it seems awfully easy to move makes me question if that will change During firing. I thought it seemed kind of strange when I first got gun I was shooting dead on target at 25 yards after 200-250 rounds I was shooting 8 inches off. I'll keep an eye on it and if it moves I might apply some Lock-tight

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
I moved the rear sight up.it seems awfully easy to move makes me question if that will change During firing. I thought it seemed kind of strange when I first got gun I was shooting dead on target at 25 yards after 200-250 rounds I was shooting 8 inches off. I'll keep an eye on it and if it moves I might apply some Lock-tight
make sure you use the BLUE loctite ( you want to be able to remove it if you ever upgrade )

RED loctite = permanent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.