Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
pspez said:
I agree. My cousin bought me a Glock shirt and I dont like to wear it for the same reason.
Ya I wanted a Glock sweatshirt or tshirt but I'm with you there I don't know that I want the advertising that I would be best guess to be carrying a gun while wearing it. Not that I won't get one right now I'm just undecided

·
Registered
547 Posts
Same here Target, none on the cars or trucks, now the tool boxes are well decorated as are the shop walls. I just don't feel like giving the BG any advantage in any way.

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I mainly have my CIB, Airborne wings, and Don't Tread on Me stickers. It doesn't say I'm armed but not to be messed with (hopefully).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one on my Titan just like that one...I tend to think its more of a deterrent... But too each their own...but if it keeps some thug from robbing a store while I'm in it...then that's ok by me...I'm not going out looking to use my gun..hope I never have to...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd like to take this one step further. I think it's wrong to have one of these signs below or similar ones in front of your house etc, I think all the bad guy has to do is linger around until you leave, make sure nobody's home and help himself a large serving of guns, shotguns, whatever have you.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I'd like to take this one step further. I think it's wrong to have one of these signs below or similar ones in front of your house etc, I think all the bad guy has to do is linger around until you leave, make sure nobody's home and help himself a large serving of guns, shotguns, whatever have you.
Now I'm considering taking off my NRA and political decals. Maybe it's better to blend into society with the pawns. I'm being sarcastic, but in all seriousness you make a very good point. Why let people know what you have or what you believe...especially strangers?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have LOTS of Don't tread on Me, Molon Labe, AR-15 Come take it, plus Glock, Magpul Stickers on my FJ...even been pulled over by Highway patrol for speeding...he never asked about my stickers once, and if he did, I'd tell him I have NOTHING illegal in my vehicle, but I do not give you permission to an illegal search. No one has ever broken into my car or House...and everyone knows about the "gun nut" on the block, lol...Of course, I'd never leave a gun unattended in my vehicle either....and if I get a Glock Forum Sticker...it'll go on the FJ for sure.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Now I'm considering taking off my NRA and political decals. Maybe it's better to blend into society with the pawns. I'm being sarcastic, but in all seriousness you make a very good point. Why let people know what you have or what you believe...especially strangers?
I'm not in law enforcement but a LEO I was chatting a few years ago told me something interesting to this effect. He told me that a lot of officers, especially in older cities (New York, Chicago etc) are sometimes 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation officers and have people in their families retired from armed forces as well. Coincidentally, many hang on to their fathers' grandfathers' issue sidearms or anything that resembles a firearm that's passed on from generation to generation. Think a century old 1911s and 1930s service revolvers. The LEO told me that sometimes thieves would canvas houses with police cars parked in front, try to understand the number of residents and go in when everybody was gone to rob the place and especially the valuable weapons. Obviously having a cop car in front of the house is better than the security stickers, but probably along with impact resistant doors, windows & a decent alarm

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Like it is with anything I own. If you want it, you can have it...if you can take it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In still on the fence about this. On one hand it's cool to display your interests, belief's or whatever. But like previously mentioned it may sometimes be more of a hassle than it's worth. I don't think a sticker will make someone think a handgun is inside the vehicle if their snooping around your place at night, but it could entice a junkie to bust your windows out in hopes of finding something. And in my case, I've got a high stereo system in my Explorer (can't see), but would be found if they broke in. I do where a Glock Perfection T-shirt, and a Glock polo. This topic really comes down to whatever you feel comfortable with I think. But I do lean towards the side of a criminal may think twice about your house or business if they see a decal on a vehicle in the driveway.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
In still on the fence about this. On one hand it's cool to display your interests, belief's or whatever. But like previously mentioned it may sometimes be more of a hassle than it's worth. I don't think a sticker will make someone think a handgun is inside the vehicle if their snooping around your place at night, but it could entice a junkie to bust your windows out in hopes of finding something. And in my case, I've got a high stereo system in my Explorer (can't see), but would be found if they broke in. I do where a Glock Perfection T-shirt, and a Glock polo. This topic really comes down to whatever you feel comfortable with I think. But I do lean towards the side of a criminal may think twice about your house or business if they see a decal on a vehicle in the driveway.
Exactly... I got mines on my truck.

21 - 40 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.