Glock Forum banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts

· Tommycourt1
678 Posts
Jefro36
Let's put it this way. I would rather stay out of trouble than invite it. Decals are nice and they mean a lot of things to different people. College campuses and different associations wear them with pride. When it comes to weapons, there is always some jerk out there who thinks he can out think the person with a weapon or just doesn't care. In Az we can't shoot someone because he is stealing; you have to be in eminent danger and fearful for you life. That doesn't mean if he is caught in the act you can't put the fear of God in him and there are easier ways to do that rather than shoot. A dead blow hammers to his fingers might be a nice deterrent and something for him to think about in the future.......just a suggestion!

· Registered
59 Posts
I bought this sign at a gun show when I was stationed in SoCal.

I had it laminated and hung it above my garage door. After about a few weeks, I thought about it and took it down. Like some, I didn't like the idea of advertising what I have inside the house. So now I just hang it in my garage.

Much like decals in this thread, I prefer not to advertise anything about firearms. I don't want to tip off would be tresspassers of what is about to come. I believe in shock value. Instead of firearms type decals I prefer to have a decals from a local security alarm company on various windows and doors.

· Registered
20 Posts
on my bike, I have a smith and Wesson logo on the windshield with crossed model 29s beneath a cowboy skull. beyond that, I don't put anything "gun" on my vehicles.

· Registered
56 Posts
I like decals but I prefer to stay under the radar. I've had issues with campaign signs and bumper stickers in the past. My house was egged once and my yard signs stolen. I only tape my political stickers in the back window of my car during campaign season. My Jeep was keyed once and the only reason I could think of was a Dole/Kemp campaign sticker and I was in a college town.

The other thing is I feel if the bad guy has no clue whether I'm armed or not it gives me a lot more options on how to respond based on the situation. We had an incident here locally where a kid attempted to mug a recent Army vet. The vet was armed but decided to just kick the kids butt instead of drawing.

You could argue the kid would have left him alone if he knew he was armed but I feel like the Vet used the proper amount of force for the situation (as he assessed it) and got some satisfaction.

Edit - The reason I know the Vet was armed is because the news article mentioned that he had a CCW and was actually carrying at the time. He was quoted saying he didn't think the situation warranted the use of his firearm.

My 2c. I'd buy other logic too. Just not for me personally.

· Banned
2,338 Posts
To each there own!! Didnt think this was such a debated issue? I got a email from USCCA and it was about this subject. And he believed the same way at first but then was saying that we should let all know good people carry and love to shoot guns. And by hiding that fact gun grabbers only see criminals with guns on news. Just sayin. We all have that right to do what we want!! Also If I heard my alarm going off I do have the right to hold perp on my Property by gun point until police arrive. Right?

Guess im lucky also because I live in Apts on 2nd floor and only way to break in is to break down my Metal door that dead bolted or get a 15ft latter and get in my sons window without any neighbors seeing this or secuity gaurd or camera's. So im kinda lucky for home secuity. As far as my truck. I dont leave my weapon in there. And its parked right in front and camera on lot also. And its a ok neighborhood. At work my truck is right out back of resturant and there always dishwashers or servers or cooks from our resturant or the one next to us out back smoking. I would be able to hear my alarm thats how close Im able to park. Its a outside only seating. So im pretty lucky i guess. Knock on wood!!

· Registered
56 Posts
jefro36, I actually agree with USCCA on that. I think that's a very valid argument. Just not for me.

I added some detail about the Army Vet. The news actually mentioned he had a CCW and was armed. I thought the guy represented gun owners and concealed carry very well. He didn't over react. It's hard for gun grabbers to say he was blood thirsty (even though he beat the kid up) since he didn't draw his weapon. I'm quite confident if he'd felt truly threatened the kid would be in a grave right now.

· Banned
2,338 Posts
Did you see the video of the off duty Leo shooting a robber at gas station. That video makes me want to pratice drawing from concealment more. He is a seasoned officer and he was still fumbling for gun in the heat of moment.

· Registered
56 Posts
This one?

http://s.drh.mx/gysex

Yeah, it takes practice to get good at drawing. Especially if you carry in different ways based on the situation. I have to wear a shoulder holster sometimes and I hate it but I don't have a choice. I also bike and run so I carry in a Pistolwear PT-ONE. I've practiced with it a ton but it's always scary even practicing. So scary in fact I won't carry a round in the chamber. That's the only time I carry without one in the pipe.

· Registered
25 Posts
Glock Sticker

Gentlemen and Ladies,
I can't believe the can of whoop ass I opened up with my comment on Wednesday regarding a Glock Sticker. Let me give a little background, I joined the forum as a dues paying supporter back in November. Im 54 years old, I own 17 guns, mainly shot gun and rifle, I only own two glocks A g23 and as soon as it ships a g41.I have an extra bedroom I have turned into an office and work area for my guns. I am single and the guns and ammo are completely safe from others. I ran a goose guiding service for 12 years with my partner, I gave away so many free hunts to kids who didn't have the opportunity to hunt for what ever the home situation was like. I believe if we don't keep individuals involved with firearms, its not going to get better for all of us, it will destroy us. The only sticker I have on my 1995 pick up truck is a DU Sponsorship decal. I don't advertise anything, I am a supporting NRA member, North American life member, and contribute what I can to help in force are 2nd Amendment. Getting back to the glock sticker its going in my work area, not on my pick up.
Please do not judge someone unless you know the facts.

· Banned
752 Posts
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I can't believe the can of whoop ass I opened up with my comment on Wednesday regarding a Glock Sticker. Let me give a little background, I joined the forum as a dues paying supporter back in November. Im 54 years old, I own 17 guns, mainly shot gun and rifle, I only own two glocks A g23 and as soon as it ships a g41.I have an extra bedroom I have turned into an office and work area for my guns. I am single and the guns and ammo are completely safe from others. I ran a goose guiding service for 12 years with my partner, I gave away so many free hunts to kids who didn't have the opportunity to hunt for what ever the home situation was like. I believe if we don't keep individuals involved with firearms, its not going to get better for all of us, it will destroy us. The only sticker I have on my 1995 pick up truck is a DU Sponsorship decal. I don't advertise anything, I am a supporting NRA member, North American life member, and contribute what I can to help in force are 2nd Amendment. Getting back to the glock sticker its going in my work area, not on my pick up.

Yeah I believe the consensus for most of us is not to advertise......the important people in your life know what's important to you. So do the great people at the banquets etc.....

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

· Registered
25 Posts
Glock Sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by curday View Post
Gentlemen and Ladies,

· Administrator
39,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by curday View Post

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Is there something that I missed?

· Registered
48 Posts
I guess I missed it as well. I don't advertise either. The attorney that did a portion of my concealed carry class recommend we don't advertise being an NRA / Gun Rights person, as it might open open the door to those looking for guns to Target the car / home when not around.

· Premium Member
1,539 Posts
I prefer to go incognito, I put my gun stickers on my ammo cans. Id prefer my vehichle not be vandalized by an anti-gun nut while I'm in a store or something.

That said, I do use stickers that indicate my home has surveillance and an alarm system, but nothing gun related.

· Super Moderator
58,127 Posts
I prefer to go incognito, I put my gun stickers on my ammo cans. Id prefer my vehichle not be vandalized by an anti-gun nut while I'm in a store or something.

That said, I do use stickers that indicate my home has surveillance and an alarm system, but nothing gun related.
Agreed!

I have armed guards at all entry points and exits plus keyed elevators.

Expensive but worth it. :D

· Registered
92 Posts
Yes I like stickers, but like the rest of you they only appear in public when I am at the range or at a competition. They appear on my shirt, jacket, hat, range bag and ammo cans. The rest are on my gun safe in my gun/reloading room. The rest of the time I don't draw attention to my love of guns (Glock) in my daily life.

181 - 200 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.