Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a few stickers on my Explorer, but nothing that would be an invite. I've got a high end audio system in there, and the components came with decals. Putting them on my window is like an invitation for someone to break in to me. Instead their on my laptop. Along with a Glock Perfection one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In still on the fence about this. On one hand it's cool to display your interests, belief's or whatever. But like previously mentioned it may sometimes be more of a hassle than it's worth. I don't think a sticker will make someone think a handgun is inside the vehicle if their snooping around your place at night, but it could entice a junkie to bust your windows out in hopes of finding something. And in my case, I've got a high stereo system in my Explorer (can't see), but would be found if they broke in. I do where a Glock Perfection T-shirt, and a Glock polo. This topic really comes down to whatever you feel comfortable with I think. But I do lean towards the side of a criminal may think twice about your house or business if they see a decal on a vehicle in the driveway.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kmurray96 said:
It pays to advertise. Come at this vehicle and it's like the old saying, "F*** with the bull, you get the horns.";)
Nice! And on a Ford too! I want one of those myself. I went ahead & put the Silver Glock Safe Action Pistols one on my Explorer. Let's hope it doesn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's cool. The Dodge's are nice. I'm just a Ford guy. Hell, I'm still driving my '97 Explorer AWD 4x4! Had it 16 years and still love it as much as the day I drove it off the lot. 238,000 miles and counting. I'm going to buy a new ride soon, but I'll never get rid of that Explorer or my Glock!

·
Registered
70 Posts
LeeHarpe said:
In the great state of Oklahoma, it is law that you notify any LEO that you are carrying or have any type of handguns in your vehicle if stopped for any reason. You must hand them your CCL with your DL. I forgot to do this one time and the officer read me the riot act but eventually let me off with a warning. My wife was really pissed that I got off because she gets a ticket everytime she gets stopped. Lol. At least it's not very often.
Same here in SC. If stopped, you're to hand the LEO your DL, Insurance Info & CWP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just a to clarify FYI, I've seen a few responses to the Black Sticker with the Blue line in the middle, and now I'm all crossed up! LOL I see them everywhere, is this an LEO decal, Fallen LEO Respect, or Armed decal? Thanks guys & gals!

·
Registered
70 Posts
c1328chase said:
Sniper knows how to keep us waiting anxiously.

@SCheadbanger

The thin blue line is a respect for officers who have died in the line of duty. Once it became known to the general public people started putting them on their vehicles thinking it would keep them out of tickets. That is the farthest from the truth. People around here always put their FOP or *Insert State Here* Sheriff's association stickers on their vehicles for the same reason.
That's what I'd always thought, but had seen some different responses.
Thanks Man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.