Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Protected by Glock," "Protected by Smith & Wesson" etc. I am curious if these types of signs/stickers fend off bad guys, or do they provoke them to up the ante?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
It may be argued (rightly or wrongly) that in certain neighborhoods this is an invitation for someone to break into your car for a gun.

I myself have a bunch of stickers on only one of my cars (NRA, MidwayUSA, Winchester, etc....sadly, no Glock Forum decal!), none on the others.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Suppose this could be debated on both sides. Personally I'm not a sticker fan. My wife however loves them. She has racing stickers (cycling and moto), and since we share her vehicle at times, insisted on getting the "armed" blue line sticker.

I prefer not to advertise.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I should add that I do have stickers in my shop and office. Totally cool tool box lid.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yea...I agree ! Some gun manufacturer stickers/decals

can be advertisements to the wrong element...and even if I

was an LEO pulling you over for a minor traffic infraction as well !!

Probably not a good idea... in general.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No way will buy one now! I might even take off my NRA sticker too. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Im one that believes that I dont want someone to know Im packing untill its drawn. I dont want a would be bad guy to wait till I leave to rob the store I'm in. I would rather him give it a whirl while Im there so I can change his day. I happen to love stickers and have them on my bike and cages... just nothing to do with what Im holding.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No way. I'm not letting anyone know I'm holding by putting a sticker on my car. It's like walking around telling everyone you see that you have a gun.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kimo said:
No way. I'm not letting anyone know I'm holding by putting a sticker on my car. It's like walking around telling everyone you see that you have a gun.
Great point! I was hesitant to ask this question thinking it was frivolous. But I'm glad I did!

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
Glock19, I've only been here a short period of time but I've picked up that you can feel free to ask anything on here becuase everyone is happy to help!

Better to ask then not to and wonder!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a few stickers on my Explorer, but nothing that would be an invite. I've got a high end audio system in there, and the components came with decals. Putting them on my window is like an invitation for someone to break in to me. Instead their on my laptop. Along with a Glock Perfection one.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SCHeadbanger said:
I have a few stickers on my Explorer, but nothing that would be an invite. I've got a high end audio system in there, and the components came with decals. Putting them on my window is like an invitation for someone to break in to me. Instead their on my laptop. Along with a Glock Perfection one.
I feel the same way about Apple computer stickers. It's almost like saying, "Hello world there's a two thousand at computer in here!" :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I work outside so I like to keep wallet, etc. in a Console Vault. They're an operation out of Nevada and sold on Amazon. I wish I had invented this!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I've had a 3" S&W decal on the back window of my F-150 since 2010. Not a problem. Of course I also have NJ State PBA license plates, too, which is akin to FOP in most other states.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts