Glock warning stickers

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Glock19, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

"Protected by Glock," "Protected by Smith & Wesson" etc. I am curious if these types of signs/stickers fend off bad guys, or do they provoke them to up the ante?

Attached Files:

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

It may be argued (rightly or wrongly) that in certain neighborhoods this is an invitation for someone to break into your car for a gun.

I myself have a bunch of stickers on only one of my cars (NRA, MidwayUSA, Winchester, etc....sadly, no Glock Forum decal!), none on the others.

3. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense.

4. Suppose this could be debated on both sides. Personally I'm not a sticker fan. My wife however loves them. She has racing stickers (cycling and moto), and since we share her vehicle at times, insisted on getting the "armed" blue line sticker.

I prefer not to advertise.

5. I should add that I do have stickers in my shop and office. Totally cool tool box lid.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yea...I agree ! Some gun manufacturer stickers/decals

can be advertisements to the wrong element...and even if I

was an LEO pulling you over for a minor traffic infraction as well !!

Probably not a good idea... in general.

7. I'm with you on this one Target... I would rather not advertise that I have gun on me.

Sheowahya likes this.
  8. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

No way will buy one now! I might even take off my NRA sticker too. Thanks everyone.

9. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

P l u s one !!

10. Im one that believes that I dont want someone to know Im packing untill its drawn. I dont want a would be bad guy to wait till I leave to rob the store I'm in. I would rather him give it a whirl while Im there so I can change his day. I happen to love stickers and have them on my bike and cages... just nothing to do with what Im holding.

Fogey likes this.
  11. kimo

kimo New Member

No way. I'm not letting anyone know I'm holding by putting a sticker on my car. It's like walking around telling everyone you see that you have a gun.

12. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Great point! I was hesitant to ask this question thinking it was frivolous. But I'm glad I did!

13. Glock19, I've only been here a short period of time but I've picked up that you can feel free to ask anything on here becuase everyone is happy to help!

Better to ask then not to and wonder!

14. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

15. I have a few stickers on my Explorer, but nothing that would be an invite. I've got a high end audio system in there, and the components came with decals. Putting them on my window is like an invitation for someone to break in to me. Instead their on my laptop. Along with a Glock Perfection one.

16. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I feel the same way about Apple computer stickers. It's almost like saying, "Hello world there's a two thousand at computer in here!" :)

17. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I work outside so I like to keep wallet, etc. in a Console Vault. They're an operation out of Nevada and sold on Amazon. I wish I had invented this!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  18. leb686

leb686 New Member

I slapped one on my car, just think it looks pretty slick

Attached Files:

19. I agree. My cousin bought me a Glock shirt and I dont like to wear it for the same reason.

jamesdo72 likes this.
  20. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've had a 3" S&W decal on the back window of my F-150 since 2010. Not a problem. Of course I also have NJ State PBA license plates, too, which is akin to FOP in most other states.