Glock vs Springfield

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by garyb, Apr 24, 2012.

1. garyb

garyb New Member

Pa
    And the debate again at my house, buddy says I just never see what the big hype is about a Glock, just because alot of people own them dose not make them any better in my mind, The test the Springfield was put through I am kind leaning towards one of them , ME ***? so the debate started and then after awhile I got tired of it and subject changed. but to each his own

2. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Worst. Thread. Ever.

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Ford vs Chevy to me.

I like both pistol companies a lot. I have shot both many times. If the XD had been out 13+ years ago I may have bought an XD. But after trying Sig Sauer, H&K, and an S&W Sigma I bought a Glock 23. It still has never failed me. It is now my wife's duty weapon and runs flawlessly. That pistol is just about perfect in my eyes. I am kinda pissed that I let her have it. (which is why I ordered the 32) I have one springfield 1911 and five glocks. I guess I chose which one I depend on most.

4. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

I think both platforms are superb and wouldnt hesitate to buy either. I personally think it is a bit of luck when you buy anything. U might get something that is perfect and u might get a lemon. Probably somewhere in the middle. Customer service reputation is a huge factor to me when I through my hard earned money at anything. My buddy has an xd that has never given him any problems of any kind. My g30 has been flawless and I wouldnt trade it for a brand new custom $3000 1911 because it has been that good to me. My G19 has stovepiped 3 times in the first 400 rnds so there ya go. Havent given up on it yet but its got me wondering if it needs a lighter spring??? Anyways dont think you can go wrong with either one.

5. garyb

garyb New Member

Pa
    I agree both are good guns, but I just thought it is kinda funny. and the ford vs chevy thing, you are correct. but i guess you had to be there. I don't try to push my belifes on anybody i just state what i know and they can go from there. I guess the aerogance as to how buddy came across was chapping my butt, lol