Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched a video in which Colion Noir said he is thinking about switching from his Glock 19 to a M&P! Many people posted on the video that they had made the same decision.

I really like Glocks, and I'm not a big fan of S&W. They seem to have lost their originality years ago and they seem to mostly copy successful designs from other companies. Remember the Sigma (the S&W Glock!)?

Now they make an M&P that is almost the same exact size as a 19.

For me, Glock is king.

What do you all think? Do any of you like M&Ps better?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,018 Posts
I went through Glock Armorer and S&W M&P Armorer classes.
For me Glock is way easier to work on, better design.
S&W has better ergonomic grip but that’s about it.
Currently I have one M&P M2.0. It sits while several Glocks are carried and go through range visits.
F7862639-737E-4A43-A947-4C37CBCC8628.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
62,617 Posts
It honestly comes down to personal choice.

1) If you prefer a 22 degree grip angle than Glock is your choice. It has many things going for it. Reliability is most important! It is also simple to break down and change out parts on the fly. If you have a bin of parts then a trigger can be swapped out in about 2 minutes. Each part is dependent on the next for operation. It is a great choice.

2) If you prefer a traditional 18 degree angle (because you are old like me) and were raised on the revolver or 1911 then the M&P 2.0 is your choice. It is as reliable as Glock! It is not simple to break down and change out parts on the fly. For example, to change the plunger you must remove the sights. To change the sear, you must be able to use very small tools and still the sear spring or sear plunger may go flying across the room. Each part is independent on the next operation and can function without it. Therefore, you are able to get an almost 1911 trigger with an Apex Forward Set Flatty trigger, mine is set at 3 pounds. This can not be accomplished with Glock.

In conclusion: they are both excellent choices and you can not go wrong with either.

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I bought an M&P 2.0 .45C, wanted another .45 to supplement my 1911, then I built a P80 G21 knockoff....1911 is my "treat" of the .45's, I shoot the P80 'cuz I built it, and the M&P rarely gets used. I do however, find it a good gun, seeing the steel reinforcement in the frame is a sign of "robustness" in a plastic gun to me, and when I do shoot it, I've had no issues. Paid around $400 for it, and remember thinking, If I had to do it all over again, I would have probably 4 M&P 2.0's, compact and full size in 9 and .45.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I do not own a 2.0 or performance center model that can be priced similar to nib glocks,so I really cannot make a comparison.I believe I paid after rebate about $220-230 for my 9 shield which has never let me down after thousands of rounds.as reliable as it is,glock and sig get all the carry duty now.

·
Premium Member
13,178 Posts
The average concealed carrier both are great. If your going to be in snow, or possibly submerge your pistol in water or mud. I choice Glock 24/7, 365. That being said I own & carry both.

·
Premium Member
13,178 Posts
I do not own a 2.0 or performance center model that can be priced similar to nib glocks,so I really cannot make a comparison.I believe I paid after rebate about $220-230 for my 9 shield which has never let me down after thousands of rounds.as reliable as it is,glock and sig get all the carry duty now.
PSA had m&p shield 2.0 $299 with free shipping as of yesterday, FYI.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I just watched a video in which Colion Noir said he is thinking about switching from his Glock 19 to a M&P! Many people posted on the video that they had made the same decision.

I really like Glocks, and I'm not a big fan of S&W. They seem to have lost their originality years ago and they seem to mostly copy successful designs from other companies. Remember the Sigma (the S&W Glock!)?

Now they make an M&P that is almost the same exact size as a 19.

For me, Glock is king.

What do you all think? Do any of you like M&Ps better?
I'll stick with Coke(Glock). The rest can have their Pepsi.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I think if most people are honest they will say that many other handguns feel better in their hand than Glocks. But, it's the dependability, reliability, ruggedness and indestructible qualities that keep us coming back.
I agree. :)

That said, there are three additional requirements for my 'preferred' pistols.
  1. They must be easy to work on.
  2. Parts must be readily available.
  3. Parts must be reasonably priced.
Years ago, for the above reasons, I chose Glock. :D

By my perception, Glock pistols were (and, to this day, remain) the only product line to meet all of the above requirements.

Best regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
...Do any of you like M&Ps better?
I 'like' the M&P series MUCH better; primarily their 1911-ish grip angle and 1911-ish manual safety. (Not all M&P's have the manual safety, but all of mine do.) As Jim Beam pointed out, the Apex trigger - in combination with the 1911 manual safety and 1911 grip angle - make the M&P darn close to a 1911 in feel while being darn close to a Glock in function. Best of both worlds.

The M&P's are great, but largely for the reasons RBBeers noted above, if picking a "one & only" choice my subjective personal preference would be put aside for the objective benefits of the glock. My desk gun is an M&P and my edc gun is a Glock; so I completely trust both, but like the Coke vs Pepsi thing, while I 'prefer' the M&P, if I could only have one of them, it would be Glock.

·
Premium Member
13,178 Posts
I think if most people are honest they will say that many other handguns feel better in their hand then Glocks. But, it's the dependability, reliability, ruggedness and indestructible qualities that keep us coming back.
Almost all handguns feel better in my hand then a Glock. I think you just get used to the Glock hump over time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts