Glock vs hi-point? WHAT? HAHAHA!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by G22GEN4, Jan 17, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

So I'm on YouTube & I came across a video that compared a hi-point 9mm to a Glock 9mm....even said they looked almost identical. It goes on to say that's its an apples to oranges deal, but continued to attempt to compare the 2. Woooooooooooow!

Hey, Pam Anderson vs Precious... lol too funny....

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I think ive seen that video. My first gun was actually a hipoint, good gun to use for practice or jst to light off some rnds but never for self protection.

3. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yeah a friend of mine had 1. He had to rack the slide for every single shot. They r decent if highly maintained, but will never match up to Glock. My opinion

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Just remember...Everything you see on the internet is 100% true and highly accurate...just like High Points. LOL

They are cheap guns...that's about the one good thing I can say about it.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I shot over 350 rnds through mine before getting rid of it (for my first glock, g23) n not one malfunction. Then again 350 rnds aint really much...

6. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yes they r cheap lol......350 rounds is not a lot but the way hi point has been bashed, 350 rounds with no buck-ups is not bad at all. I still would only use it for fun. Any kind of defense is out of the question unless something happens while its already in my hands.

7. Thats like comparing a 2012 Ferrari to a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra...:confused:

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ya i bought it as a practice gun in all. Makes a good cheap starter gun in my opinion.

9. I actually dont think its a bad idea. It may actually be smarter to do that and really learn on something that is cheaper than going out and starting with something that you may lose interest in.

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Exactly why i bought a cheap gun first. Also if it got beat up wouldnt care too much.

11. Funny how this thread came up at this time for me,last week a co-worker said he wanted to sell his .45 Glock,i was not really interested til he told me he wanted 120.00 bucks for it,igot all excited and told him i would buy it,long story short he brought it in and it was a hi point,i was so bumbed out,i took my G23 out and said THIS is what a Glock looks like,his response was ,well it looks like a Glock--i just walked away in dis-belief

12. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Lol he tried to pull a fast one on ya huh. I would have loved to see his face when u took ur Glock out.

13. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

I might be a bit elitist, but I will never own a Hi-Point for anything. I always steer people away from them and I think they are nothing but junk. Kinda of like the old Jennings pocket guns.

14. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Always remember, "You Get What You Pay For".

15. He was kinda shocked that i was wearing one,he got schooled on that day!!:D

16. FutureTrooperNC

FutureTrooperNC New Member

I just watched a video on a hi point and many people gave it good reviews. Other then the look what is wrong with the gun?

17. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

I never had 1 but I know people who have. I also have seen good reviews on them, but by me knowing how they perform just by watching friends shoot I won't trust 1 with my life. Maybe there are some decent ones out there but I have yet to see. In person that is. First time I seen 1 shot, he had to rack the slide for each shot. Second time,diff person,diff gun...jams, failure to ejects. Like I said I never owned 1 but know people that have & from what I have seen, ill never buy 1 to protect me or my family.

18. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Besides, who sells .45 cal pistols brand new for $150? I mean we all know we get what we pay for. All I can say is try 1 out it may work for ya. For how long though.

19. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

There are some good hi points just like the one i had but ya some are so ****ty they go boom. Just like some glocks go boom.

20. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yeah there's a lot of guns that kb.