Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

artworks-000010921444-on0n6r-original.jpg

:p:p

Both will get the job done. There was a thread on here some were, were someone broke into a marines home and he killed the intruder with a 1911. I own a glock and I will sooner or later own a 1911 but yup both will work just fine.

This debate like many other debates will never end. lol :D

Attachments

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
1911's are nice, tons of parts to play with, easy IMHO to detail strip and work on but once I finally got around to detail stripping a Glock(my current G30) I see how much simpler they are then the 1911's so from here on out I'm a "Glocker", no more 1911's for me, thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Potato, patato, spud. It's what ever you like. I love my Glocks, my 1911s, my HK...

In 100 years (less actually), we will have to see if Glock will have a special edition, commemorative pistol and see how different it will be AND see how many piss and moan about the old design. Especially when put up against the weapons of tomorrow.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Darthash473 said:
Potato, patato, spud. It's what ever you like. I love my Glocks, my 1911s, my HK...

In 100 years (less actually), we will have to see if Glock will have a special edition, commemorative pistol and see how different it will be AND see how many piss and moan about the old design. Especially when put up against the weapons of tomorrow.
Very well put.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I just today shot a 1911 for the second time only and I am in love BUT there two totally different firearms and comparing them is like comparing a hammer to a crow bar both great for there purpose both gets the job done. I think I'll own both and bet my life on my plastic fantastic lover

·
Registered
99 Posts
I own several gun two being at G19 and a Para Gi expert 1911 love both and won't trade them for the world.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have owned and shot more 1911's than I care to mention..LOVE them..that is Love the platform. Was my first military issue hand gun. They, the 1911 platform, are great guns and you either love them or hate them! But, I also am a Glock fan, have owned several, and primarily carry one for CCW. I do have a couple of Sig 1911's that I have in my carry rotation, but the Glocks get the most carry use. I am getting older and very much appreciate the lighter carry guns on my side..BUT.. also with age comes arthritis and painful joints..so I also have to think about ease of operation and recoil, especially for range use. I find that the Glock platform is a good all around gun platform especially for us seniors.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
To me, one is a work of art, the other is a study in simplistic design and reliability.

I have a special place in my heart for the 1911 as my grandfather (a General in the Chinese Nationalist Army) carried one that he was issued in WWII and subsequently carried, into the post war years. I remember seeing it as a 5 year old, meeting my Grandfather for the first time. I fell in love with that gun. The 1911 was the first "non-.22" pistol that I ever shot and I have a fascination with WW2 firearms. I cringe to this day that my dad sold his Browning HiPower to help me pay for college.

The Glock, to me, is also like a piece of artwork, but much less in a Rambrandt, fine art style, but more in a "Modern Design" vein, like something you'd see in MMoMA. Strong clean lines, ingenious mechanical movements, i'd say it's one of those things that, like modern art, you appreciate, tolerate, or hate.

I never understood the "that gun SUCKS, my gun's the best" debate. It's just like with motorcycle or car brands. They're all good, otherwise, they wouldn't be selling. Each meets the needs/desires of its user.

Anyway, my .02.

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts