Glock Forum banner

Glock vs. 1911

5K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  jmiles50 
#1 ·
Well I've been a glock owner for a couple of years now and absolutely love it! Got my carry permit and carry it everywhere I go. Its my girlfriend! My one true love. Lol...but I'm tempted on getting a Sig 1911. Never owned a 1911 but I feel it coming! Glock is flawless and wont get rid of mine just wanting to see the grass on the otherside. What are the pros and cons of the 1911?

#28 ·
glockpackingfuzz said:
If he was refering to Kimber then the answer would be yes. Dont get me wrong, I like Kimbers, but with all the problems that they are prone to, I would not be trusting my life to one. I cannot speak as to the other makes, since I have limited knowledge. I sure like the sigs though.
I've been looking at the Sig 1911's and they are priced very reasonable($987) The local gun shop is a Sig Dealer so they have everything Sig has to offer. They are nice just haven't shot one though. Going to put that on my to-do list in the near future.

#30 ·
I think I'm the only shooter who does NOT care for 1911's. They are gorgeous weapons, and I'm sure have saved countess lives, but they seem to be so tempermental. My reason for this thinking is because I used to shoot IDPA quite a bit. While participating in that league, I watch 1911 after 1911 jam, jam, and jam again. It is part of the reason I've stuff with Glock over the years. After shooting IDPA for about 2 years with Glock, and Springfield XD I only experienced 2-3 jams with the XD, and flawless operation out of my Glocks. OK, now start with the attacks:)

#34 ·
I have 3 Glocks a kimber custom II and a cold delta elite I carry a Glock because I "as in me" others opinion might be different but I have never had a 1911 that I would trust to go bang every time
Amen!! I have owned 6 different Glocks and have never had a single malfunction with any of them. However, I have shot a dozen 1911's (I own a Colt 1911) and have had a malfunction of some type with every single one.

Glock is the only gun I fully trust my life and the life of my family with.

#35 ·
I think I'm the only shooter who does NOT care for 1911's. They are gorgeous weapons, and I'm sure have saved countess lives, but they seem to be so tempermental. My reason for this thinking is because I used to shoot IDPA quite a bit. While participating in that league, I watch 1911 after 1911 jam, jam, and jam again. It is part of the reason I've stuff with Glock over the years. After shooting IDPA for about 2 years with Glock, and Springfield XD I only experienced 2-3 jams with the XD, and flawless operation out of my Glocks. OK, now start with the attacks:)
I really believe the problems with the 1911 start with the owner. I have several and not 1 malfuntion, I shoot my Baer, colt series 70 and my taurus PT1911. I field strip and grease the rails and a drop of oil on anything that moves or has metal to metal contact. I know they are finnicky and I am finnicky caring for them. I also have 4 glocks and do the same and not 1 malfuntion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.