Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been a glock owner for a couple of years now and absolutely love it! Got my carry permit and carry it everywhere I go. Its my girlfriend! My one true love. Lol...but I'm tempted on getting a Sig 1911. Never owned a 1911 but I feel it coming! Glock is flawless and wont get rid of mine just wanting to see the grass on the otherside. What are the pros and cons of the 1911?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
wma3193 said:
I have 8 1911s. From a custom built sub compact a little smaller than an officer's model to a compensated "pin gun" built from a Colt Gold Cup. Commander, Combat Commander, Full size, custom, Gold Cup National Match, etc. Only the GCNM is factory stock. Love them all. Completely reliable and very accurate.

BUT--- I also have 7 Glocks. Olympic 17s, 19, 23s, .357 barrel for the 23s. Love them all. Not as accurate as the 1911s, but they are stock and 100% reliable. I carry the Glock. They are lighter, carry more ammo, inexpensive, you can't damage them, work as well filthy as clean, totally reliable.
Yeah I will still carry my Glock as a everyday weapon. Its easy to conceal and light weight. Will pick up a 1911 cause its a 1911! Lol. I've been looking and not concerned about the prices as much as a reliability. I bought a glock because they are all of the above. I want a 1911 that's the same. Yeah I'm not putting 4 grand in a pistol that will serve the same purpose as a $600 one. Just ignorant about 1911's cause I've never owned one. Love the information so far so keep it coming! It all helps!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
glockpackingfuzz said:
If he was refering to Kimber then the answer would be yes. Dont get me wrong, I like Kimbers, but with all the problems that they are prone to, I would not be trusting my life to one. I cannot speak as to the other makes, since I have limited knowledge. I sure like the sigs though.
I've been looking at the Sig 1911's and they are priced very reasonable($987) The local gun shop is a Sig Dealer so they have everything Sig has to offer. They are nice just haven't shot one though. Going to put that on my to-do list in the near future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.