Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
654 Posts
I carry a G22 but if I were to edc a 1911 it would be my Baer but I am not taking the chance IF something happens the coppers will keep it from 3 to 6 months, I don't mind them keeping my Glock, I have 4 of them and they don't cost 2 grand.

· Banned
654 Posts
I think I'm the only shooter who does NOT care for 1911's. They are gorgeous weapons, and I'm sure have saved countess lives, but they seem to be so tempermental. My reason for this thinking is because I used to shoot IDPA quite a bit. While participating in that league, I watch 1911 after 1911 jam, jam, and jam again. It is part of the reason I've stuff with Glock over the years. After shooting IDPA for about 2 years with Glock, and Springfield XD I only experienced 2-3 jams with the XD, and flawless operation out of my Glocks. OK, now start with the attacks:)
I really believe the problems with the 1911 start with the owner. I have several and not 1 malfuntion, I shoot my Baer, colt series 70 and my taurus PT1911. I field strip and grease the rails and a drop of oil on anything that moves or has metal to metal contact. I know they are finnicky and I am finnicky caring for them. I also have 4 glocks and do the same and not 1 malfuntion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.