Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock uses Tenifer on the barrel and slides of their pistols. This is a very hard finish and is used for its corrosion resistance. It is similar in hardness to a diamond. What is the Rockwell hardness for this finish as used by Glock?

A. 64 HRC
B. 60 HRC
C. 66 HRC
D. 62 HRC

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How many safety operations are disengaged when the trigger is pulled?

A. 4
B. 3
C. 1
D. 2

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mass-media claimed the firearm would be invisible on airport security screening devices and that it could be a weapon favored by terrorists.

True or False

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the amount of force required to pull the trigger back to it's release point?

A. 5.5 lb
B. 6.0 lb
C. 4.5 lb
D. 5.0 lb

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll take a shot:

#1 A (guessing)

#2 B

#3 True

#4 A

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Work, Correct Answers.

Your Answer: (A) 64 HRC
Glock have been at the forefront of firearm technology for decades. Using Tenifer for the slide and barrel increases the strength and operational life of each pistol.

Answer: (B) 3
The Glock trigger has three separate safety devices attached to it which are disengaged sequentially as the trigger is pulled.

Answer: True
Although the frame was made of polymer, which is hard to see under x-ray, the idea that it was invisible is impossible as the pistol contains a steel barrel, magazine, steel springs and all the internal workings. Not to mention the fact that bullets are made of metal too. It shows up very clearly on any x-ray or metal detector scan.

Answer: (A) 5.5 lb
5.5 lb or 2.5 kg of force is required to pull the trigger and fire the pistol. Kits are available to reduce this amount for competition shooting and the like.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
My G30 is 5lb lol. I think generally though 5.5 is what's advertised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts