Glock Trigger

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by cas6861, May 22, 2012.

1. cas6861

cas6861 New Member

Have a Gen4 model 21 and don't like the factory trigger pull. Want to get a ghostinc upgrade, can't decide between the 3.5 or the 5.0 tactical. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

If your going to do a trigger job go with the 3.5. I just installed a glock 3.5 connector in my G23. You can tell a deference.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome back cas6861 !!! ...been awhile !

4. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I love the 3.5 on my 26

5. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I've got a Ghost 3.5 in my 23 and 27.
    I'm planning on ordering the Wolff 6# trigger springs next.

6. downloadman187

downloadman187 New Member

I have thought about getting a ghost 3.5. I know it is inexpensive, but would you say it's worth the money?

7. cas6861

cas6861 New Member

Yes it's worth it, smooths out the pull and eliminates over travel

8. I installed the Ghost 3.5 Ultimate and 6lb trigger spring in my G26 Gen4 and could tell a big difference! I've got the plunger and striker spring on order. Should be here tomorrow. That should make the pull even lighter and smoother!

9. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Absolutely was worth it. I think it was about $12

10. Doesnt seem worth it imo. Im all about the connector and spring, but i dont touch any other internal parts. Doesnt sit well with me.

11. Well, the plunger and striker spring was only $12, so I'll try it out and if it's doesn't work or feel right to me, I'll reinstall the factory ones. No big loss, just trial and error! I'll let ya know how it works!

12. it's more of a reliability concern for me. Glocks never fail with GLOCK parts. I'm ok with changing the connector and the little spring, but things like plungers and striker springs seem like they should be left to Glock.

13. proximo

proximo New Member

If you carry for self defense, I would suggest against changing any parts that are not made by Glock. This could be used against you in court. Just a thought.

14. parkeral

parkeral New Member

I put Ghost inc Patrol 5.0 connector and my g23 gen4 and it is said to make it more reliable due to the cuts in the metal to allow for dirt to move from under it.

15. I'm all about CYA, but it has been shown time and time again the changing the trigger connector on a Glock is not going to hurt you in court. Any lawyer who tries that clearly has not done their case research.

16. proximo

proximo New Member

You are probably right, but there are some serious Anti-gun people out there and if the jury can be convinced that the "custom" part makes the gun easier to kill with, you never know what the outcome can be from that line of thinking.

If I can say that my Glock is identical to that of what the Police use, it makes things easier on that front.

I am willing to customize one of my Glocks, but not the one I carry. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  17. I agree, I make sure to carry the same ammunition the PD does.

18. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

All very good points....I choose to customize the one I sent to Nukin and only carry my duty weapon....off course that's the advantages of having a duty weapon lol....if you plan to do the same (one for carry and the other for show and tell) then I suggest glocktriggers.com....I can honestly say the difference in the feel off the trigger is absolutely phenomenal!!!! Plus the triggers are completely made from glock factory parts.

19. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Kind of bummed out that no one asked me about this and what I would suggest since this area is my specialty. :(

20. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I'm listening. Argyle