Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by stan5686, Feb 17, 2012.

1. stan5686

stan5686 New Member

I have just started reading "Glock:The Rise of America's Gun" by Paul Barrett. Very informative. Gaston Glock is a genius. A must read for all who love their Glocks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. I did buy this book about a week or two ago. Haven't started it yet though, still finishing up another book.

3. larry

larry New Member

I am in the middle of reading it now. Interesting and insightful, a definite recommend.

4. legendario

legendario New Member

Ust finished reading the book "GLOCK the rise of America's gun"Mr. Gaston Glock is a genius from curtain rod manufaturer to willing to fufill a need. For the Austrian Army. The book is a great read for Glock enthusiast. How it all started and why to the way that the "plastic gun" overpowered American firearms like Smith & Wesson, Winchester, Remington. Worth the $17 on Amazon.

5. mcw402

mcw402 New Member

Im headed to amazon to see if I can download it on my iPhone.....sounds like a great book

6. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Cool! I hope it's available on the Kindle.

7. larry

larry New Member

It is available for Kindle, downloaded it for reading on my iPad from Amazon.

8. jeremydavis

jeremydavis New Member

What did it cost? I would love to put it on my iPod

9. jeremydavis

jeremydavis New Member

I got it on iBook for iPod 12.99 awesome can't wait to get started

10. Bonz23

Bonz23 New Member

Just finished listening to this audio book about a week ago, very informative, talk about being at the right places at right times!

11. PghGlock2012

PghGlock2012 New Member

I am not a big reader, but read Glock - the Rise of America's Gun - on my iPad and thought it was great...especially for someone like myself, new to Glock (own a G19) and shooting. Reading another interesting book now - Warrior Soul by Chuck Pfarrer

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. Can't wait to get started on it.

13. Have both these books. Both are waiting to be read right now haha. I think you might like my little book collectio lol

14. just downloaded it for the Nook. now i just need to find the time to read it.

15. mcw402

mcw402 New Member

The gift of fear by Gavin debecker is pretty good too also On Killing by Col. John Grossman

16. mwpd03

mwpd03 Junior Member

I just ordered mine can't wait!!!!:D Perfection at its BEST!!!!

17. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

http://[​IMG]

Got my copy today.Glad to hear it's actually a decent read.

18. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

You're the third person I've had reccomend On Killing.Guess I'll read it .

19. leb686

leb686 New Member

I'm half way through, neat little history lesson on the Glock.

20. robb

robb New Member

I am currently reading this book ,it is very easy to read and informative on issues i never knew about gaston glock . A definate must read if you are a glock nut like me .