Glock slide finish

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glock19desertranger, Apr 18, 2012.

1. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Has anyone noticed a difference in the finish on their glocks slide? I have a G19 that I bought a few months back and just recently picked up a G23 and the 19 has more of a slick smoother finish on the slide and the 23 has more of a flat duller finish. Just curious if anyone notices a difference in their glocks as well...both are Gen 3's.

2. some are flat, some are gloss, some are black, some are gray, etc etc. I remember reading about it, but I can't recall where. It isn't a defect.

3. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Oh, gotcha, wish I had known about that before I bought the 19, I really like the flatter feel of the 23 it's easier to rack the slide too.

4. All of my slides (even polished) have a strip of skate tape on them, like what is on the skateboard decks. You never know when you need to rack off of an object, a boot, etc so it is best all around to have it. I put mine on the top forward of the rear sight.

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Glock's used 6 or 7 finishes. Usually, they use one finish for all guns and then when they change, they change for all guns. A couple of times, it's seemed like they went back to an older finish, then back to the newer one...I don't know how they can even keep up, much less us!