Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, kind of a repeated question on here because I have seen so many people talk about it. I know some Glock models can fire multiple calibers. In order to do this, what model Glock do you need and what parts need to be upgraded/changed? I have also heard you can do the same with the Sig P226. What needs to be changed in both handguns to accomplish this? Are barrels interchangable? Or can you shoot multiple calibers with an upgraded barrel? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
If you own a glock 23 you can shoot 9mm 40 s&w and 357 sig, each will need its own barrel.

You also need 9mm mags when shooting 9mm t but your stock 23 mags will work for the 40 and 357 sig you will just need to swap the barrel

·
Registered
624 Posts
With the Sig 40 s&w the same is true with swaping the 357sig barrel. (and vise versa) My friend's dad bought his sig with both barrels included.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, a little confused now. I thought that you would just need a new barrell, what's the point for a whole new slide etc?

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
you need new slide to go up from 9 mm to 40 s&w plus it only takes a few seconds to change out. 40 to 357 only needs barrel

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
I have a 9 mm and I really want to up grade to a 357 sig. For some reason I just like that cal

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
sig 226 in 9 mm can be up graded with a slide and mag kit
http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Conversion-Kits/P226-Conversion-Kits/
The same is true of other Sig models and with other calibers. Because they sell conversion kits as the entire top end, you can change any caliber Sig to any other caliber, if Sig makes a kit a for it.

I have a 9 mm and I really want to up grade to a 357 sig. For some reason I just like that cal
It would be nice if Glock made top end kits like Sig does. You can make one yourself, though it'd probably be more expensive, and the ejector's not universal, though it should work well enough for range purposes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a Glock 31 gen3 .357 Sig that I just got a LW .40 barrel and LW 9mm barrel for. I bought new .40 mags for it for when I run the .40 barrel and use my G17 mags when I'm running the 9mm. I'm pretty sure I can run the 9 thru the .357 sig mags but haven't tried it yet. I have to say I was very happy with the accuracy with the 9mm barrel. The .40 I think I need to shoot more because I was not use to it. Recoils a bit different.

·
Remember, our government prefers us to be SSD (Sto
65 Posts
You can step down in cal but not up with Glocks.
40 cal Glock to 9mm needs a conversion barrel.
40 cal Glocks to .357Sig just a standard barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts