Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Glock 22 40 cal RTF and it shoots to the left and it's not just me it does it with other shooters to I moved the sights all the way to the right side of the slide it fixed it for the most part but anything longer then 25 yards is not where I want it to be any ideas????

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Anything over 75'? My idea, buy a rifle LOL. Thats a hell of a distance for a pistol to be accurate.

·
Registered
624 Posts
usually shooting left is common. (mostly a grip and trigger pull issue) Now if you shot dead center and put new sights on and NOW shoots left.... different story. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Have a Glock 22 40 cal RTF and it shoots to the left and it's not just me it does it with other shooters to I moved the sights all the way to the right side of the slide it fixed it for the most part but anything longer then 25 yards is not where I want it to be any ideas????
99.9% of the time it's the shooter(s), not the gun. I know you said others have had the same problem, but the significance of that depends on who those "shooters" were.

You need to have someone with actual knowledge and experience with Glocks, not just someone who claims to have a lot of experience shooting. Someone who's shot 1911s their whole life and has little to no polymer pistol experience is not the person you need to diagnose the problem.

Odds are, you need to put the rear sight back where it belongs and have someone with Glock, or similar, experience critique your shooting. Find a local trainer or someone who knows what to look for and then adjust accordingly.

·
Banned
214 Posts
So does my G17 9mm, I found out, and had to compensate for it by moving over to the right a little more. I find my Beretta Storm PX-4 SC does not do that. Oh well.

·
1,310 Posts
CRAIG said:
I had the same problem during the 250 class at Gunsite Academy. Instructors there are THE BEST! They said shooting left w/ Glocks is common and caused by not getting enough finger on trigger. I was taught to shoot a rifle with tip of finger and that doesn't work with Glock trigger safety. Take a deeper grip and see how that works. Shout out to Jerry, Bill, Joe, and Leslie, who taught me how to REALLY shoot my Glock!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Webphisher said:
Anything over 75'? My idea, buy a rifle LOL. Thats a hell of a distance for a pistol to be accurate.
Not really. Our PD quals are shot at 75'...all shots must be on a "Q" target and we shoot from 2' out to 75' from standing, kneeling, crouched positions as well as from cover. Again, not a far distance at all.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Agree with previous post....you should move sights back and try using the trigger closer to the first joint of the tip of your trigger finger..

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Not really. Our PD quals are shot at 75'...all shots must be on a "Q" target and we shoot from 2' out to 75' from standing, kneeling, crouched positions as well as from cover. Again, not a far distance at all.
Agreed. I breezed over that before. 75' is only 25 yards. Every range I've ever shot at, even the pistol only ranges, are 50 yard ranges. Now, if he'd said 75 yards, I'd agree it's rifle time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.