Glock shoots left

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by CRAIG, Apr 9, 2012.

1. CRAIG

CRAIG New Member

Have a Glock 22 40 cal RTF and it shoots to the left and it's not just me it does it with other shooters to I moved the sights all the way to the right side of the slide it fixed it for the most part but anything longer then 25 yards is not where I want it to be any ideas????

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum CRAIG !!

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Anything over 75'? My idea, buy a rifle LOL. Thats a hell of a distance for a pistol to be accurate.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Shooting left is common with Glocks. You just have to find the right grip and trigger pull technique.

5. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

someones going to post that shooters wheel any moment lol

6. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnificent bastard

CO
    What... this?

[​IMG]

:D

7. Title should be....."I shoot my perfectly accurate Glock to the left and so do my buddies." ;) :D :cool:

8. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

i just knew it!!!!!!! lol

9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

usually shooting left is common. (mostly a grip and trigger pull issue) Now if you shot dead center and put new sights on and NOW shoots left.... different story. :)

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

99.9% of the time it's the shooter(s), not the gun. I know you said others have had the same problem, but the significance of that depends on who those "shooters" were.

You need to have someone with actual knowledge and experience with Glocks, not just someone who claims to have a lot of experience shooting. Someone who's shot 1911s their whole life and has little to no polymer pistol experience is not the person you need to diagnose the problem.

Odds are, you need to put the rear sight back where it belongs and have someone with Glock, or similar, experience critique your shooting. Find a local trainer or someone who knows what to look for and then adjust accordingly.

11. Thanks jon. I just couldn't do it on this one today.

12. Adalla

Adalla New Member

I find side to side group issues are often a failure to obtain a natural point of aim...

13. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

So does my G17 9mm, I found out, and had to compensate for it by moving over to the right a little more. I find my Beretta Storm PX-4 SC does not do that. Oh well.

14. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Does this help?

Attached Files:

15. I had the same problem during the 250 class at Gunsite Academy. Instructors there are THE BEST! They said shooting left w/ Glocks is common and caused by not getting enough finger on trigger. I was taught to shoot a rifle with tip of finger and that doesn't work with Glock trigger safety. Take a deeper grip and see how that works. Shout out to Jerry, Bill, Joe, and Leslie, who taught me how to REALLY shoot my Glock!

16. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Not really. Our PD quals are shot at 75'...all shots must be on a "Q" target and we shoot from 2' out to 75' from standing, kneeling, crouched positions as well as from cover. Again, not a far distance at all.

17. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Agree with previous post....you should move sights back and try using the trigger closer to the first joint of the tip of your trigger finger..

18. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Agreed. I breezed over that before. 75' is only 25 yards. Every range I've ever shot at, even the pistol only ranges, are 50 yard ranges. Now, if he'd said 75 yards, I'd agree it's rifle time.