Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts

·
Tommycourt1
678 Posts
Serial numbers on Glocks

I had to have the slide replaced on my Glock due to a crack in the breech plate. The company called me and said my slide serial number would be different. As it is however they go by the frame as the identifying number. With my frame number they could tell when the gun was built and where it was shipped to initially. Hope this helps on serial confusion. Different serial #'s don't bother me as long as it shoots they way it should. But that's my humble opinion

·
Registered
478 Posts
You have a Gen2 G19. You have to take the entire prefix together “CEL” not just part of it when comparing to other Glock dates online. It does not appear your pistol has a date code on the barrel. This was a 3 letter code separate from the serial number. Glock stopped using them after a few years. It’s possible it’s on the top of your barrel hood but I think your pistol was made after they stoped.

Your gun is probably around 1997 but if you email Glock Support they will give you the month/year.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have a Gen2 G19. You have to take the entire prefix together “CEL” not just part of it when comparing to other Glock dates online. It does not appear your pistol has a date code on the barrel. This was a 3 letter code separate from the serial number. Glock stopped using them after a few years. It’s possible it’s on the top of your barrel hood but I think your pistol was made after they stoped.

Your gun is probably around 1997 but if you email Glock Support they will give you the month/year.
Yeah I was tracking the CEL as being a whole code itself and tried to contact Glock today but unfortunately they were closed. I cross referenced the CEL with GSD17's post on Glocktalk and there was nothing for CEL what so ever. Not to mention nobody seems to be tracking CEL anywhere on the web (besides one site My Glock Fun Site ) Found it quite odd. Glock Serial Number Research Project

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here’s a picture of a Glock barrel with a date code. The 3 letters (VTT) on the far right is the date code for when the barrel was proofed. V=November T=8 so VTT is November 1988

BZ is the serial number prefix and can be used by Glock to find in their records when the gun was imported into the US but does not represent a date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here’s a picture of a Glock barrel with a date code. The 3 letters (VTT) on the far right is the date code for when the barrel was proofed. V=November T=8 so VTT is November 1988

BZ is the serial number prefix and can be used by Glock to find in their records when the gun was imported into the US but does not represent a date.

Okay so I won't actually be able to get a manufactured date then only an import date off my frame Serial then I take it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The My Glock Fun site is the GlockTalk data put into a database that people could keep adding to. It’s pretty good but like anything the general public controls, a lot of entries are incorrect - you have to take all the information in general to get a range of time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Okay so I won't actually be able to get a manufactured date then only an import date off my frame Serial then I take it?
That’s correct.

Reactions: Cimpala67
21 - 40 of 41 Posts