Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

I'm not a fan of the NY trigger spring. Messes up a perfectly good trigger system, to me.
Happy shopping and
Clothing Jeans Smile Tree Sleeve

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Glocks are not for everyone. But the worst outcome is buying one and trying to make it into a manual safety. The "block" thingy is just a band aid, as is the stealth trigger micro holster. Any good holster will cover the trigger guard.

·
Registered
174 Posts
(note, the referenced source is sold out of this part as I type this, but shop around)

Another option for Post 1 is to substitute-in a Glock "plus" connector which should raise a stock trigger pull of 5.5 pounds to ~8 pounds, depending on which connector is already installed in the unknown-gen subject G17.

·
Super Moderator
66,236 Posts
(note, the referenced source is sold out of this part as I type this, but shop around)

Another option for Post 1 is to substitute-in a Glock "plus" connector which should raise a stock trigger pull of 5.5 pounds to ~8 pounds, depending on which connector is already installed in the unknown-gen subject G17.
I learned something new today, thank-you.

·
Banned
12 Posts
[This is a repost from another thread]

You might want to consider the SCD (Striker Control Device) for Glock pistols.

When I first heard of the SCD (on Lucky Gunner), I was leery, despite the very positive review. Then I bought a Glock 43X. Being used for several decades of using pistols with a manual safety, I thought, "This thing is really easy to fire, intentionally or otherwise. I need to double-up on my awareness & not count on a safety to protect me." I noted that Mas Ayoob strongly recommended the SCD on the GlockTalk forum, & published an article on it: .American Handgunner One More Safety Net: "The Gadget" - American Handgunner

With all my prior pistols, I carried AIWB without a concern, because the safety was always on except when ready to fire. I decided that carrying the 43X AIWB was too much of a risk.

So, last week I converted & bought one, because I often carry IWB, which means that there is a chance of entangling the trigger in my shirt. It arrived on Monday. I tested it with dry fire to confirm that the SCD didn't interfere with normal functioning. Then I tested it to see if my thumb on the SCD could prevent the gun from firing when I aggressively pulled the trigger, & it could.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
394 Posts
since the glock doesnt come with a manual safety is their any way to make the trigger heavier
for a g17 so that it doesnt accidently get pulled?
Welcome. In addition to all the responses above if you carry you can also have a loaded magazine but not have a round in the chamber. Lenny Magill calls this "condition 3" and that is how he carries. This is a controversial topic (should you carry a round in the chamber or not?) but that is an additional safeguard if eg you carry in the waistband in the abdominal position. And keep your trigger finger very far away from the trigger of course when holstering or unholstering.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts