Glock Rookie

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by G22GEN4, Jan 14, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Ok I never owned a Glock, never fired a Glock. I just ordered my first yesterday. Did I make a good choice & what should I expect? Thanx!

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yes u made a perfect choice and what you should expect is perfection :)

3. bobhatch

bobhatch New Member

After firing Ruger, Browning and Kel-Tec, all 9mm, I bought a Glock 23 and I love it. It's comfortable, fun to shoot and accurate.

4. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Well that's good to hear. Can't wait to see first hand. Thanx guys.

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

You will enjoy your choice. The trigger will take getting use to.

6. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Yeah I heard about the trigger. Should not be so bad.

7. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Expect a gun that will go bang every time you press the trigger, a gun that fits well in most peoples hands, jealous friends.

Enjoy a great gun.

8. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

Well said bro

9. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 New Member

From someone who has owned and carried Glocks for 12 years, they are great when it comes to ending the fight early... I carry one all day and have a second in my go bag... You won't be disappointed!!

10. Great Choice!! You wont be disappointed in the least! And the trigger isnt really that big of a deal. Welcome to the club!!! Post some pictures of that bad boy!!!

11. I find it funny you asked for purchase choice opinions of a Glock on a Glock forum, did you expect anyone to say you made a bad choice?:cool:

12. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

I find it funny that u find it funny that someone who knows nothing about Glocks asks people who knows all about Glocks, about Glocks. Did u expect me to ask a Sig forum?:"very cool:"

13. cjs83

cjs83 New Member

G22 Gen4 was my first pistol as well, Ive put around 700 rounds thru it so far without a hitch. I can tell the more and more you shoot it the trigger smooths out. I have put in a steel guide rod, and recently put in the Ghost 3.5 rocket trigger and let me say it makes a HUGE difference. shoot the heck outa that thing and enjoy. good choice:D

14. Hahaha Bazinga!

15. FutureTrooperNC

FutureTrooperNC New Member

I'm also looking to purchase my first glock. I'm leading towards the glock 19 because it's a 9mm. But I am going into the career of law enforcement, and many departments around me use the .40. What is everyone's opinion. The handgun will be mainly for marksmanship.

16. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I myself would lean towards getting the Glock 22 and doing as much practice as possible, If and when you went into the police academy, you will have one up on the competition.

17. FutureTrooperNC

I think getting familiar with the 22 since it is a .40 would be great. Is the .40 to much for target practice.

18. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ya i thought so

19. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

The G-22 recoil is tame since it is a full size frame. I have the G-22 and use it all the time at the range. If you will be carrying the G-22, that is what you need to practice with since your life may depend on it one day. Just my opinion.

20. FutureTrooperNC

Yea I agree. I think I'll look into the g22.