Glock rmr sight placement and height

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by The2aGuy, Nov 2, 2017.

1. The2aGuy

The2aGuy New Member

With the recent sales on the type 1 rmr I finally decided to give it a go and bought a rmr 07 6.5moa

I’ll be sending the gun to DP custom works for a mill job

Here’s my dilemma

When I previously give this a try years ago with a dovetail Mount I found I was tilting the gun slightly upwards to move the dot from the sights ( found it cluttered) causing me to point high with regular iron sight pistols.....however I realize this was a makeshift mounting solution

Which is the correct height for a lower 1/3 irons on a Glock 19?

Rear sight forward or behind the RMR? I can’t seem to find any good photos online

My thought is a lower 1/3 all black irons without tritium will be the way to go for me but what’s everyone running?

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Active Member

My rear sight is behind the RMR.[​IMG]

3. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just threw the 5.7 in the pic to make me jealous?

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member

Try the Dueck Defense dot mount if you think co-witness is needed. Open Division guns have been around for over 40 years and we never ran co-witness.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  5. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Active Member

Hahahaha. No. It was the only picture in my iPad. But I added a sight to my FN 5.7 by the way, too.

[​IMG]

6. The2aGuy

The2aGuy New Member

Not a fan of the DD Mount, used it before years ago..it’s great for testing the waters of a rmr pistol but for me it sits too high

I do not want an absolute co witness, something that sits low and clutter free

The DD Mount caused me to point high

7. jigglyjames29

jigglyjames29 Member

Definitely get it milled.
    I just mounted an RM06 on my G26 w/ a dovetail plate and it's way too high. I'm used to the sights being a certain height above my grip. Milling the slide would reduce the height by about 1/4".
    [​IMG]
    As far as 1/3 cowitness sights, the most common are:
    Ameriglo .315" Front/.394" Rear
    Trijicon Suppressor Sights

Sight info from: http://www.battlewerx.com/rmr-cut-glock/