Glock & red dot question

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by ming, May 4, 2012.

1. ming

ming Member Supporter

I've seen several guys shooting Glocks equipped with slide mounted Trijicon RMRs . How well do these optics stand up to the pounding they must take? Most race guns have their optic attached to the frame and I would guess part of the reason is to avoid the beating (as well as making target reacquisition faster). Anybody use this setup or know something about it? I'd like to try one just for fun. I really like the Burris Fast Fire II I have on my Ruger 22/45.

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

They're great for Open Class shooting in USPSA/IDPA/IPSC. They hold up nicely as long as you stay with the name brands and not some UTG or NcStar sight.

3. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

You mean NcStar isn't a name brand?:eek:......:D:D:D:D

4. AverageCitizen

AverageCitizen New Member

What about truglo would you consider them to be a name brand?

5. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    If Lonewolf EVER gets a batch of slides in, my plan is to have them mill a G35 for a FastFire III and add suppressor sights. I wanna try it for USPSA.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Hahahahaha!!!

Truglo is good to go.

7. lilmarinej

lilmarinej New Member

Where might one go to get the slide milled to put on a trijicon rmr sight?

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum lilmarinej !!

Can't help ya with that question...but I'm moving this to the right sub forum to get an answer...

9. Blades

Blades Senior Member

10. ross4712

ross4712 New Member

I s used the RMR, Delta Point and the T1 Micro. They are outstanding and very accurate. I used it as my dry fire gun. Shows every little problem with your trigger press and helps you fine tune.

I heard at the TTPOA Swat Competition that Glock will come out with guns cut like the S&W M&P Core at Shot Show this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

11. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

You can get a mount to put your Burris on a Glock. They are rated for something like 1000g's.
    I have had one on my 17L, no problems.
    ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1411771429.687261.jpg

NRA member, GSSF member, GCA
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday ©

12. 40caljim

40caljim Active Member Supporter

I ran a C-More STS on my G35 for two years with no problem. I like their new RTS sight which has a round sight window rather than rectangle.