Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I posted this question on the general firearms section, but noticed that it is more appropriate here. Sorry!

I am new to the forum, but have actually come here many times to read and learned from you guys. I saw the iPhone app and decided to join.

Anyway, here is the question.
Can you use the recoil spring assembly for a Glock Gen 4 on a Gen 3 Glock?

I have a few Glocks but I haven't seen the Gen 4 yet, and I am wondering if the recoil system can be used from one to the other.

Thanks!
I am looking forward to a wonderful time here.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
No you can not interchange them. The hole beneath the muzzle is larger on the Gen4 to accomodate the larger RSA.

Gen3 on left and Gen4 on right.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen the Gen 4, but I heard they are pretty smooth due to the new RSA.
No that it is a problem, but I am always open to make my guns better. Who doesn't right?

Thanks again!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
That's why I have my business. To help Glock shooters have an even more enjoyable experience. I love the Gen4's and prefer them over the Gen 3 Glocks.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chuckds said:
You can use a Gen 3 in a Gen 4 if you use an adapter "washer".
Interesting! Glocks are the best, there are so many accessories and modifications they take.
Thanks. I was looking the other way around, a Gen 4 RSA on a Gen 3 or something similar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Argyle_Armoring said:
That's why I have my business. To help Glock shooters have an even more enjoyable experience. I love the Gen4's and prefer them over the Gen 3 Glocks.
Thank you for your help!

I guess I have to try the Gen 4s. ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts