Glock Recoil Spring Assembly Question.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by j102, Apr 19, 2012.

1. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I posted this question on the general firearms section, but noticed that it is more appropriate here. Sorry!

I am new to the forum, but have actually come here many times to read and learned from you guys. I saw the iPhone app and decided to join.

Anyway, here is the question.
    Can you use the recoil spring assembly for a Glock Gen 4 on a Gen 3 Glock?

I have a few Glocks but I haven't seen the Gen 4 yet, and I am wondering if the recoil system can be used from one to the other.

Thanks!
    I am looking forward to a wonderful time here.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

No you can not interchange them. The hole beneath the muzzle is larger on the Gen4 to accomodate the larger RSA.

Gen3 on left and Gen4 on right.
    [​IMG]

3. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen the Gen 4, but I heard they are pretty smooth due to the new RSA.
    No that it is a problem, but I am always open to make my guns better. Who doesn't right?

Thanks again!

4. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

You can use a Gen 3 in a Gen 4 if you use an adapter "washer".

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

That's why I have my business. To help Glock shooters have an even more enjoyable experience. I love the Gen4's and prefer them over the Gen 3 Glocks.

6. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Interesting! Glocks are the best, there are so many accessories and modifications they take.
    Thanks. I was looking the other way around, a Gen 4 RSA on a Gen 3 or something similar.

Thanks!

7. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your help!

I guess I have to try the Gen 4s. ;-)