Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day in the mail came a brand new toy, A Wilson barrel for my G19, I could not wait to get to the range and try some of my crappy reloads.
Man what a difference, without any exaggeration the gun shoots at least twice as accurate .
Best/Picker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe this guy would disagree with you.

And why do you think it is twice as accurate? What is different about that barrel that mike make it so?

Does that mean that your pattern is half the size as it is with the standard barrel?
Yes half the group size, dont get me wrong the Glock barell aint bad but the Wilson is at least twice as accurate in my hands/gun.
Best/picker

·
Registered
488 Posts
The problem is understanding what makes a Glock accurate. Put that same barrel in another Glock and it likely will not perform as well.

You aim with sights - those sights are located on the slide, not the barrel. The barrel and slide disconnect every time the gun cycles. The barrel moves slightly to the rear and drops down - it’s pretty free during this process and can shift around.

The consistency in which the barrel and slide come back together and lockup (align the barrel with the sights) is THE determining factor for how accurately the gun will be shoot.

In most cases, especially with Gen5s, the lockup from factory is good and aftermarket barrels do not see any additional improvement. Any drop in barrel is going to be hit or miss in regards to accuracy improvement. You can’t predict if it will fit better or worse than the factory. The only way to ensure as good or better than factory is with fitted or semi-fitted barrels.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Glad you are happy. Never understood the whole Glock not accurate crowd though.
If you want itty bitty groups, you chose the wrong tool to start with.
To each his own.

·
Premium Member
14,080 Posts
The problem is understanding what makes a Glock accurate. Put that same barrel in another Glock and it likely will not perform as well.

You aim with sights - those sights are located on the slide, not the barrel. The barrel and slide disconnect every time the gun cycles. The barrel moves slightly to the rear and drops down - it’s pretty free during this process and can shift around.

The consistency in which the barrel and slide come back together and lockup (align the barrel with the sights) is THE determining factor for how accurately the gun will be shoot.

In most cases, especially with Gen5s, the lockup from factory is good and aftermarket barrels do not see any additional improvement. Any drop in barrel is going to be hit or miss in regards to accuracy improvement. You can’t predict if it will fit better or worse than the factory. The only way to ensure as good or better than factory is with fitted or semi-fitted barrels.
I’ve put the same aftermarket barrel in one Glock & it worked great. Put it in another of the same Glock & it wouldn’t even cycle.
With Glocks sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t.

Camera accessory Fluid Drink Automotive tire Cameras & optics

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I bought a pieces parts G 19 and the thing it didn't come with was a barrel, don't know what caused it to end up that way but it's purchase price was 175 so it didn't much matter.
At the time I could pick the Wilson for 150 on sale and OEM was about 180.
I fitted it and it didn't require much in the way of fitting,it is accurate not a great deal more accurate than my other G 19's with OEM barrels but worth the purchase price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think people would be surprised at what can help someone Improve, for me It was installing a Gen3 spring and guide rod Into my Gen4 19 and a NY1 trigger spring I think the heavier trigger pull made me focus on my trigger control more...and It only cost $4 so I tried It and liked It, but that's just me.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have a few NY1 triggers, I tried it before
I think people would be surprised at what can help someone Improve, for me It was installing a Gen3 spring and guide rod Into my Gen4 19 and a NY1 trigger spring I think the heavier trigger pull made me focus on my trigger control more...and It only cost $4 so I tried It and liked It, but that's just me.
I have a few NY1 triggers, I tried them before and didn't like it, but will try again, a few years has passed since, you know how that goes

·
Registered
488 Posts
I used to use a NY1 to train with. I was using it fairly regular but haven’t been in the last few years, maybe that’s why my scores are down

You can’t hide your flaws with a heavier trigger, it’s a great way to train! I’m glad this was brought up, I’m going to go back to using it.

Reactions: Danzig
1 - 13 of 13 Posts