Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
jack_daniels454 said:
I have a set of Truglo TFO and I like them. They are metal bases. They glow in the dark as well as in the daylight. They are very sturdy, just make sure you put a little loc-tite on the front sight screw. That way they won't come lose or rattle. Good luck and hope this helps.
I've heard of "issues" with certain solvents. Would they actually "melt" if I get a drop or ten of Hoppes on them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
tru glo TFO yellow/green on my 19

Have Tru-glo Tritium Fiber Optic night sights on my G19. I love them. I got the yellow/green combo-- yellow in the rear sights and green (slightly brighter than yellow) for the front sight. Know exactly what your sight picture looks like at all times and they work great at night. Almost better in pitch black than at dusk. Also work great on even cloudy days because of the light gathering fiber optics. Well worth the money, and no problems snagging on any of my holsters!! Completely invisible to the target because of the opaque steel backing on the sights. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard of "issues" with certain solvents. Would they actually "melt" if I get a drop or ten of Hoppes on them?
no, they won't melt. never have for any of the solvent that i use. I wouldn't dump the solvents on them, but a little run-off here and there never phased mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the TruGlow night sites on my G19. So far I like them but I went to the range about 2 weeks after having them installed and managed to break the front site loose. The shop that installed them fixed it but I haven't been back to the range since. Hopefully it was a fluke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had them on my G23 for about six years and my duty G21 for about a year. I love them and plan on putting them on my G19 FDE very soon.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the Trijicon GL01Y (yellow rear-green front) on my G19 GEN3 and I am very please as it provides a good contrast.
Is the color difference visible in both light and dark? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have Trijicon tritium night sights on my Glock 22. They are pretty awesome, though I can't say I have the chance to use them at night very often.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I have the TRUGLO TFO sights on my Gen4 26 and love them. Green front and yellow rear. They're my favorite night sights. however, the TRUGLO fiber optic only sights are made to line up the dots. That conflicts all my training and habits so I don't use the FO only on my pistols. The TFO's are good to go though.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Another vote for the FTO. I love these sights, just be careful what holster you buy make sure it can fit and come out without dragging across the top

Attachments

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I'm starting to think about night sights for my G30, and really like the TFO's. Wanted to ask anyone out there who carries a G30 with TFO's in a white hat maxtuck if there are any issues with kydex fit, or if all works well.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
CountryMick said:
I'm starting to think about night sights for my G30, and really like the TFO's. Wanted to ask anyone out there who carries a G30 with TFO's in a white hat maxtuck if there are any issues with kydex fit, or if all works well.
I don't have a G30 but I carry my G23 in a white hat max tuck and haven't had any issue yet but I haven't had it very long

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I don't have a G30 but I carry my G23 in a white hat max tuck and haven't had any issue yet but I haven't had it very long

Appreciate the info. The sight channel on their kydex sheaths seem like they will be able to accommodate TFO's but figured I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks again.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts