Glock Forum banner

Glock Mods and Upgrades

14K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  wrpNYFL 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new to the whole Glock world so I wanted to ask what mods and upgrades you guys think are the best and what is the most needed? Like I said I'm new and I have only had my Glock 23 a few months so I'm just trying to get a feel for what I want to do to it. Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
Well, my order:
Night Sights
Tungsten Recoil Spring (and recoil buffer)
Extended slide release and slide lock

Nice and simple :)

Reactions: tangy003
#4 ·
Oh, and welcome to the family Windows!!!!!

#5 ·
A pic of my night sights in the "i" dot setup instead of 3 dot, and also polished my barrel last week.

Attachments

#6 ·
Ah, one more for me, I also installed the 3.5lb trigger onto my gun, I like the lighter trigger pull, makes it a bit more accurate for me personally, but I would recommend you shoot a decent amount before you do that one

#8 ·
Honestly, talk to Nukinfuts, he did mine, I just wanted more of it done, so I used a big polishing wheel on my bench grinder and DEFINITELY recommend Mother's Mag Polish, great polish, sell it at walmart in the auto section. but I would HIGHLY recommend you giving the business to Nukinfuts

#9 ·
Ah, one more for me, I also installed the 3.5lb trigger onto my gun, I like the lighter trigger pull, makes it a bit more accurate for me personally, but I would recommend you shoot a decent amount before you do that one
I have thought about doing something like that as well but I know it will probably be the last thing I do. I want to for sure get the tungsten guide rod and I would really like a tactile light, I think, but I have also considered a ported barrel. Do you know what the perks of a ported barrel are?

#10 ·
and it was hard to get a pic there.... on a saturday when it is sunny (or generally nice out) i need to do a photoshoot with my setup :)

#11 ·
Honestly, talk to Nukinfuts, he did mine, I just wanted more of it done, so I used a big polishing wheel on my bench grinder and DEFINITELY recommend Mother's Mag Polish, great polish, sell it at walmart in the auto section. but I would HIGHLY recommend you giving the business to Nukinfuts
Okay I will try to get ahold of him on here

#12 ·
Okay I will try to get ahold of him on here
and he has AWESOME turn around time and overall customer service, thats why I ALWAYS recommend him

#14 ·
ported barrels and slides help reduce muzzle flip and recoil, but to me, Im personally not a fan of the compensated or "C" models simply b/c if Im shooting a perp in my house in the middle of the night, I dont want to be blinded by shots from my gun.... like this one

Attachments

#16 ·
yes indeed, hence why I dont have one, some people may argue that it doesnt flash that bad, but IMO (in my opinion) notfor me

#19 ·
I put a Pachmayr grip glove on my 23 (Gen 4), and ordered a Rocket trigger kit.
Whats the rocket trigger? Never heard of it.... but +1 to the Pach grips

#21 ·
ahhhh never heard it called the rocket trigger before lol

#23 ·
ahhhh never heard it called the rocket trigger before lol
Ghost calls it a "trigger kit", I guess because it improves the trigger? but it's actually the connector as far as I know. It comes as part of the installation kit with 6.0 lb springs, armorers tool, etc. My experience with Glocks has been over the last month, so I may screw up now and again when it comes to the right wording.

#25 ·
bryanbrescia said:
ported barrels and slides help reduce muzzle flip and recoil, but to me, Im personally not a fan of the compensated or "C" models simply b/c if Im shooting a perp in my house in the middle of the night, I dont want to be blinded by shots from my gun.... like this one
Or this!!!

Muscle Jaw Gesture Sleeve Entertainment

JK

Attachments

#26 ·
The sights of your Choice and Copious amounts of Shooting! All Mods are just for your own preference. Shoot the Snot out of it then decide when and what you want to change if anything. I personally think the Sights are the only really weak link on Glocks although I still have one of my 6 Glocks with stock sights on it but it isn't a daily carry gun so I haven't worried about changing it. Other than sights and a spare barrel for shooting lead I haven't changed anything! Shoot it and have a Blast!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.