Glock Mods and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 417windows, Jun 25, 2012.

1. 417windows

417windows New Member

Hey guys! I'm new to the whole Glock world so I wanted to ask what mods and upgrades you guys think are the best and what is the most needed? Like I said I'm new and I have only had my Glock 23 a few months so I'm just trying to get a feel for what I want to do to it. Thanks for the help!

2. Well, my order:
    Night Sights
    Tungsten Recoil Spring (and recoil buffer)
    Extended slide release and slide lock

Nice and simple :)

tangy003 likes this.

3. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Personally I don't think any mods are NEEDED!! I love 'ema just the way they come. I would wait and really get to know your gun before you change anything. My $.02

4. Oh, and welcome to the family Windows!!!!!

5. A pic of my night sights in the "i" dot setup instead of 3 dot, and also polished my barrel last week.

Attached Files:

6. Ah, one more for me, I also installed the 3.5lb trigger onto my gun, I like the lighter trigger pull, makes it a bit more accurate for me personally, but I would recommend you shoot a decent amount before you do that one

7. 417windows

417windows New Member

My 23 came with night sights and I recently got a Crimson Trace Grip for it super cheap but I have to say that polished barrel looks amazing! How do you do that? Not that I could :) just curious

8. Honestly, talk to Nukinfuts, he did mine, I just wanted more of it done, so I used a big polishing wheel on my bench grinder and DEFINITELY recommend Mother's Mag Polish, great polish, sell it at walmart in the auto section. but I would HIGHLY recommend you giving the business to Nukinfuts

9. 417windows

417windows New Member

I have thought about doing something like that as well but I know it will probably be the last thing I do. I want to for sure get the tungsten guide rod and I would really like a tactile light, I think, but I have also considered a ported barrel. Do you know what the perks of a ported barrel are?

10. and it was hard to get a pic there.... on a saturday when it is sunny (or generally nice out) i need to do a photoshoot with my setup :)

11. 417windows

417windows New Member

Okay I will try to get ahold of him on here

12. and he has AWESOME turn around time and overall customer service, thats why I ALWAYS recommend him

13. 417windows

417windows New Member

Yea for sure. Question: do you know what the perks of a ported barrel are?

14. ported barrels and slides help reduce muzzle flip and recoil, but to me, Im personally not a fan of the compensated or "C" models simply b/c if Im shooting a perp in my house in the middle of the night, I dont want to be blinded by shots from my gun.... like this one

Attached Files:

15. 417windows

417windows New Member

That is a very valid point!!!

16. yes indeed, hence why I dont have one, some people may argue that it doesnt flash that bad, but IMO (in my opinion) notfor me

17. iShoot

iShoot New Member

I put a Pachmayr grip glove on my 23 (Gen 4), and ordered a Rocket trigger kit.

18. If a Gen3 you defiantly need a Vickers extended magazine release!

19. Whats the rocket trigger? Never heard of it.... but +1 to the Pach grips

20. iShoot

iShoot New Member

Well actually it's a trigger connector (3.5lb) from Ghost Inc.