Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had their glock unintentionally fire while carrying or at the range? I only ask because I saw this guy on utube who was talking about how unsafe glocks are, and how you may shoot yourself in the leg if you carry a round in the chamber. Has anyone ever heard of this happening to any striker fired pistol?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have never heard of that myself. I always carry a round in the chamber. Glock is one of the most reliable handguns. However, they are only as safe as the person using the weapon. Keep your finger off the trigger unless you intend to shoot and you will never have a problem. It sounds like someone that shot himself before and is just trying to justify his own stupidity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crock of crap...glocks are safe if you carry them safely...holster selection is key. If you go all "western hooker style" and pull a certain former jets player who which shall not be named then a glock isn't for you :)

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Trippletap said:
Has anyone ever had their glock unintentionally fire while carrying or at the range? I only ask because I saw this guy on utube who was talking about how unsafe glocks are, and how you may shoot yourself in the leg if you carry a round in the chamber. Has anyone ever heard of this happening to any striker fired pistol?
The only way a Glock will fire is when the trigger gets pulled. So in summary, that guy is a complete moron.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Trippletap said:
Glocks will not fire unless the trigger is pulled and the trigger safety being engaged along with it. The same goes with it being dropped. You HAVE to engage the trigger safety for a glock to fire no matter what. Those people on youtube who bash glocks are just plain stupid and uneducated it's simple as that.

·
Administrator
133,388 Posts
I have heard of glocks. Being sold as a firearm or a gun and never as a weapon. Did they come out with a new glock weapon line that gas not gone public?

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I have heard of glocks. Being sold as a firearm or a gun and never as a weapon. Did they come out with a new glock weapon line that gas not gone public?
1weap·on noun \ˈwe-pən\
: something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
: a means of contending against another

And a term most used by LEOs in the third party as opposed to, "my gun, our guns, his gun" being used in the possessive.

The weapon; a weapon; that weapon.

Clear it up there for you, Bunky?;)

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm sorry but as far I can tell it just never happened. You have to bring us proof of this issue by posting a link or picture of said subject actually occurring. I can't beleive you without being able to see the same guy say, what you say he said. Only then is it true that he said that.

But to answer the question you asked, yes it has happened, and NO it has never happen to me. With any gun that is stored in an inapropreiate holster or carried in a manner that allows the trigger to get pulled by items other than the owners finger.

Many issues occur with improper holstering. Clothing getting caught and then the clothing is pulled without first clearing the weapon from the holster.

Very soft leather holsters (or no holster carry like Mexican and clip carry) that allow pressure to be applied to the trigger mechanism from outside the trigger guard.

IN EVERY CASE that a GLOCK has misfired while holstered to my knowledge on a properly assembled gun, the trigger mechanism has been actuated by some outside force other than a finger.

As an aside, nice name for a starting poster and @ 1240am at that. If you were going by Triple Tap why not something like TTripleTap; TrippleTap kind of reminds me of the ole Ripple wine.

BTW, welcome to the forum, waiting for the link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The utube video in question was labeled "Carrying Glocks = death wish" by theyankeemarshal. Trippletap

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Lol sarcasm FTW!!!!!!!!!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,592 Posts
With all the forum members blowing a gasket over using the term accidental discharge over negligent discharge. Why is everyone ok using the term misfire where it clearly is not?

·
AKA Rock
7 Posts
[ame="http://youtu.be/sIacHpPNzOA"]http://youtu.be/sIacHpPNzOA[/ame]

I think that in some circles this video is known as humor.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
http://youtu.be/sIacHpPNzOA

I think that in some circles this video is known as humor.
Yes I agree, and watched several of his videos just to form an option.

Thanks for posting the link, now I can really say, It was real. But in the same tone, I can say it was real funny either but his point was that he had to test a holster and really not much about the Glock at all. However he did point out a lot how his followeres all feel GLOCKS are dangerous.

And i might have to agree with him on that point!:D

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
With all the forum members blowing a gasket over using the term accidental discharge over negligent discharge. Why is everyone ok using the term misfire where it clearly is not?
I was going to attempt to give you my definition but thought, well, what would your definition of a misfire be?

·
Registered
653 Posts
jbardellini said:
Where did that come from?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts