Glock Mags

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PitBull530, May 24, 2012.

1. PitBull530

PitBull530 New Member

When I had my G17, years ago, I left the mags loaded and over time, they developed cracks between the witness holes and were pretty damned useless afterwards. These were the old school U-notch mags.

Im getting a gen 3 model 23 hopefully tomorrow - the guy is giving me 5 13 round mags as well as 2 10 rounders. All metal lined and drop free -- this makes a difference, right? I mean, I like having a fully loaded weapon at my disposal and dont like to think a lot of rotating mags - unless I really have to.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

The older magazines were more likely to develop cracks or have the plastic cover separate from the metal liner especially near the feed lips. With newer magazines that's pretty much a thing of the past unless you drop the magazines on hard surfaces a lot.

3. SIR

SIR New Member

I keep mine loaded all the time. :p

4. MississippiGlock

MississippiGlock New Member

I keep all of mine loaded. About 30 in all including a few different calibers. Never had any trouble with any of mine

5. mag loaded in gun, wait a month. end of month, take new mag load it, put in gun, unload prev mag. Do this every month and each magazine will get every other month off.

I have a 19 with more than 50,000 rounds through it, still has the two original mags, still hard to load, no cracks.

6. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Sent them to GLOCK Inc and they will replace them.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Have 4 10 round Glock mags that have been loaded since the day I got them 2.5 years ago...no problems.

8. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I also keep all of my mags loaded all of the time. Almost a year now and I've experienced no issues.

I go shooting about every other week but in between those times my mags are kept loaded.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I keep 4 mags loaded for my 21 and 4 for my 23 always. No problems to date.