Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my G17, years ago, I left the mags loaded and over time, they developed cracks between the witness holes and were pretty damned useless afterwards. These were the old school U-notch mags.

Im getting a gen 3 model 23 hopefully tomorrow - the guy is giving me 5 13 round mags as well as 2 10 rounders. All metal lined and drop free -- this makes a difference, right? I mean, I like having a fully loaded weapon at my disposal and dont like to think a lot of rotating mags - unless I really have to.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The older magazines were more likely to develop cracks or have the plastic cover separate from the metal liner especially near the feed lips. With newer magazines that's pretty much a thing of the past unless you drop the magazines on hard surfaces a lot.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
mag loaded in gun, wait a month. end of month, take new mag load it, put in gun, unload prev mag. Do this every month and each magazine will get every other month off.

I have a 19 with more than 50,000 rounds through it, still has the two original mags, still hard to load, no cracks.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
When I had my G17, years ago, I left the mags loaded and over time, they developed cracks between the witness holes and were pretty damned useless afterwards. These were the old school U-notch mags.

Im getting a gen 3 model 23 hopefully tomorrow - the guy is giving me 5 13 round mags as well as 2 10 rounders. All metal lined and drop free -- this makes a difference, right? I mean, I like having a fully loaded weapon at my disposal and dont like to think a lot of rotating mags - unless I really have to.
Sent them to GLOCK Inc and they will replace them.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I keep 4 mags loaded for my 21 and 4 for my 23 always. No problems to date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts