Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new glock 26 and put about 300 rounds through it so far. My question has to do with the new magazines.

When I load up the mags all the way and shake them, I can hear one or two bullets rattling around inside. Is this just because they're not broken in? Or is this normal? This is my first glock so I'm new to this

· Registered
32 Posts
Try slapping the back of the mag against your palm while its full. It should stop then. Once you load the mag and rack the slide it shouldn't rattle anymore. But it's completely normal if it rattles when it's not in the gun.

· Registered
1 Posts
Glock Magazine Rattle Solved

So I think I figured this out. I have a glock 19 with 15 round magazines. When my magazine is loaded to 14 rounds you can visually see through hole 7 that the bullet is simply sliding forward and back. Because, the pressure from the follower is pushing on the bullets to the right. So I can see bullet 8 moving in the #7 hole and bullets 7&9 are firmly pressed together to the right of 8. I was concerned that the follower was getting jammed and that's why there were loose bullets. But it's actually the opposite. It's because 7&9 are being pressed together so firmly that there is a small gap to allow 8 to rattle. I am no longer concerned about the rattle because I know the follower is working properly and not getting jammed.

· Registered
1 Posts
It’s NOT OK for any magazine to any gun to rattle loaded or not loaded. That’s like telling the world “look at me, look at me” when conceal carrying. In the military, anything that would rattle was tossed aside. It actually pisses me off to listen to the damn magazine rattle when I’m just walking around. Other people can hear it as well I as can. This is a problem I have with my Glock 30S both with a G21 and G30 magazine. To me it means that magazine is a total piece of sh$t.

· Premium Member
15,203 Posts
It’s making a rattling sound when you have the mag loaded in the gun? If so it’s called the Glock rattle. My g20.3 has done it since day 1. It has had no negative effect on the function of the pistol.

I found this video online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts