Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to break in a new magazine. I bought a used Glock 23 and purchased extra new (in Glock packaging) magazines but I cannot get more than 12 rounds in the 13 round mag. I've loaded up the mags with the 12 rounds and are keeping them loaded to see if that loosens the spring so I can fit in 13 rounds. Any other suggestions for breaking in the mags.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 27 mags will finally fit all the rounds. Took a couple months. The 30 I just got will not. I imagine it will be the same amount of time for the springs to loosen up. Not a weakling by any means, but that last round will not go in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is no break in period.

Use the speed loader that should have come with the gun or buy a Maglulu uplula speed loader and load 13 in it.
I wouldn't have thought so, but my 27 experience proved otherwise. After they were (almost) fully loaded for a while, then suddenly they will fit all the rounds. But, I will defer to your expertise. I have only been into Glocks for about a year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Should have already said. Maglulu already used. 13 will not fit and I do eat my Wheaties.
Really ?

So, take the mags back where you bought them and tell them you want your money back....or....get your wife to help you...

I just never saw one that would not take the maximum rounds it was supposed to, although I have never tried with a Glock 23 magazine.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Should have already said. Maglulu already used. 13 will not fit and I do eat my Wheaties.
I’ve had this happen from time to time. I think that the rounds are not stacking correctly as the mag is loaded. So sometimes you can get that last one in and sometimes you can’t.
Personally I just go with however much I can get in the mag.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
I honestly have never had this issue. Even with my Glock 30sf. Yes the 10th round on the 30 doesn’t just go in easy. I wouldn’t consider it hard either. I don’t use loading aids either. I’m not sure why I don’t have this issue, that it seems a lot do. I can only guess it’s due to the early age I started shooting. Maybe also do to I am a blue collar guy. Who knows?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I honestly have never had this issue. Even with my Glock 30sf. Yes the 10th round on the 30 doesn’t just go in easy. I wouldn’t consider it hard either. I don’t use loading aids either. I’m not sure why I don’t have this issue, that it seems a lot do. I can only guess it’s due to the early age I started shooting. Maybe also do to I am a blue collar guy. Who knows?
I never had it with other brand mags, and only some of my Glocks. Never happened with 17, 19, 26, 43, 19M, 17M, or 29. Just 27 and 30. However, I did go into management, so I may officially have lost my blue collar status. In fact, now I have the urge to ditch the black coffee, and to buy a cuppachino.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this problem with an ETS mag for my G26 I disassembled the mag, thoroughly cleaned and shot some dry lube In It and just took It to the range and shoot,reload,shoot rinse and repeat the whole time I was at the range It eventually took the tenth round no problem but, seriously you shouldn't have to screw around with a mag like this.🤬

·
Registered
427 Posts
All of my Glock mags are tight but I figure that is part of their reliability and longevity. I don’t force the final round into any of them because I am comfortable keeping all my mags one round shy of full. I’m not worried about a one round difference. A 26 holding 9 + 1 or a 30 with 8 + 1 is good enough for me. I usually have an extra mag anyway.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The mags seem to loosen up a little with time, but not a lot. Once you get a good callous built up on your thumb it gets easier to put in the last couple rounds.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Stick a pencil, or a wooden dowel in there while you're watching TV. Work it up and down. I've never had a problem loading to capacity. However when I use Pearce extensions they have that problem. That's what the nice lady at Pearce told me to do.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
Stick a pencil, or a wooden dowel in there while you're watching TV. Work it up and down. I've never had a problem loading to capacity. However when I use Pearce extensions they have that problem. That's what the nice lady at Pearce told me to do.
I have had a couple Pearce + extensions that made my 27 mags harder to load. Now I just use the Glock oem + baseplate.

Sleeve Wood Gun barrel Auto part Electric blue

First pic I found with the 27 with oem + baseplate. Which gives me 1 extra round in .40, or .357 sig. I believe they give you +2 on the 9mm models.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
I have had a couple Pearce + extensions that made my 27 mags harder to load. Now I just use the Glock oem + baseplate.

View attachment 257417

First pic I found with the 27 with oem + baseplate. Which gives me 1 extra round in .40, or .357 sig. I believe they give you +2 on the 9mm models.
Wife doesn’t have to worry about you cheating with that bag.😂

·
Registered
73 Posts
How long does it take to break in a new magazine. I bought a used Glock 23 and purchased extra new (in Glock packaging) magazines but I cannot get more than 12 rounds in the 13 round mag. I've loaded up the mags with the 12 rounds and are keeping them loaded to see if that loosens the spring so I can fit in 13 rounds. Any other suggestions for breaking in the mags.
Followup: After a week of keeping the mags loaded, and one good range session, the 30 will now take a full complement of rounds in all mags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a G30SF, the two 10 round mags That came with it, and I have two G21 mags for added capacity. I have all those loaded with their max. After a couple weeks, it seemed to be a little easier to load them with their max.
I CC the 10 round + 1 with Federal Punch 230 JHP.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
I have a G30SF, the two 10 round mags That came with it, and I have two G21 mags for added capacity. I have all those loaded with their max. After a couple weeks, it seemed to be a little easier to load them with their max.
I CC the 10 round + 1 with Federal Punch 230 JHP.

You may want to check these out for 21 mags in your G30. I like them a lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts