Glock Mag Compatible PCC

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Richard Davis, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

Trying to sell my AR so I can get a Glock mag compatible carbine. I was originally looking at a CMMG Banshee, but it's a little pricey- and upon further review I'd rather get a lesser expensive model and family aquarium. Anyone have an Extar EP9, Freedom Ordanance FX9, or a Kel Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 and care to share your experiences?

2. Toni77

Toni77 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ruger PC carbine?

No issues with that one so far

SlowBurn and joeb1 like this.

3. Richard Davis

I like it, and maybe somewhere down the road. I've not shot it but I've held it, it's a bit heavy. My main purpose is for home defense and I'd like it to be light and a little more compact.

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I have a KelTec Sub 2000 in .40 Glock 23 mags and bigger. Decent gun. I like the idea of it folded up and being a hidden SHTF gun. Can store it behind spare tire and/or a bag. Runs 100%. Trigger is just ok. Sights are ok. You can’t mount an optic and have it fold unless you put an offset mount or MI flip out of the way model. Price is also attractive, I think I paid somewhere in the sub $450 range.

I’m drawn to a 9PCC in a short AR configuration though. More familiar with manual of arms, unlimited optic options, aftermarket trigger options.

The only thing I really want that certain AR 9’s don’t have is a last round bolt hold open.

I sold a good amount of the Freedom Ordnance FX-9 and my customers were very very pleased. They were running around $750.

Richard Davis likes this.
  5. Richard Davis

Toni77 and/or C25 - out of curiosity, does the Ruger take G26 as well (I know it takes at least G19 & up)?

6. Toni77

Yes, those are the ones I actually use. G26.5 mags.

Richard Davis and C25 like this.
  7. Richard Davis

Do you use a red dot? I was wondering what height mount one would use to clear the factory sights with (low, medium, high?).

8. Toni77

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mike6tx

Mike6tx Member

I have a Palmetto State and Love it! Eats everything I put in it and with a Good Red Dot your Good to Go!!

Bayou, j102, judgecrater and 2 others like this.
  10. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member

I've never owned a CX Storm, but always thought they'd be a great starting platform if someone wanted a pcc defensive gun. The straight (rather than tapered) barrel should lend itself well to threading and/or cutting to sbr length, beretta magazines are plentiful & easily found, and best of all, the magazine is in the grip instead of in front of the trigger. Most semiauto 9mm & other pcc's (including mine) have the mag in front of the trigger guard. Having the magazine in the grip, the beretta would be several inches shorter OAL with the same barrel length. If I owned a beretta 92 pistol, I couldn't imagine NOT having one of the mag-matching carbines to go with it.

C25 and Toni77 like this.
  11. full_count

full_count New Member

I have a Sub2K that takes Glock 17 or longer mags. It runs great, eats anything I feed it (so far), and is decently accurate. It’s a ton of fun to shoot, and fits into a laptop compartment of a regular backpack.

I CCW a Glock 19 with a spare 17 Mag, and if I’m traveling I pack my Sub2K with a couple 33rd Glock mags. I like that either gun will take any mag I have.

I would like the ability to put an optic on it, and have looked at the MI flip mount, but just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet.

Richard Davis, Danzig and C25 like this.
  12. Richard Davis

Check out the Mcarbo optic flip mount (made for the sub 2k), that's the one I'd get. They make a lot of very cool stuff for sub 2k.

Southlake and Danzig like this.
  13. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Glock has been listening to its customers lately, (hopefully) soon we will see a Glock carbine.

Bayou, mattm, LElliott and 2 others like this.
  14. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

That will be my next Glock purchase.

15. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

If Glock ever makes one I am sure it will sell millions of it.

16. judgecrater

judgecrater Member

I just love my PSA AR9. I did add a heavier 8 oz buffer and a Sig Romeo5 red dot. A friend let me shoot his Sub2K and I did not like it at all. Lousy trigger and could not get my cheek weld low enough to use the sights comfortably.

LElliott and Lucian_253 like this.
  17. SgtGing

SgtGing New Member

I too have a Palmetto state AR9. For under $500 you can't go wrong. With a red dot it is a tack driver. [​IMG]

18. Southlake

Southlake Field Cross Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

9CABBE0A-FC5D-47F5-931F-E8A63257427C.jpeg I went a different path. Glock compatible Glock PCC.

Defendandprotect32, j102 and Danzig like this.
  19. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    How’s it shoot?

20. Southlake

Southlake Field Cross Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Probably like a G19. But, I’ll let you know when I run it Monday.

Lucian_253 and Danzig like this.