Glock light or trl 1 ????

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by rgd1089, Jul 15, 2012.

1. rgd1089

rgd1089 New Member

I'm looking for a light for my nightstand gun . The gun will either be a g17 or g19 im not sure yet . I was just wondering if anyone has or used either of these lights and which one you would recommend . I'm not looking for the models with the laser just the light .

2. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

I have no experience on the glock light but I do have a tlr1s and I have been impressed so far with it. It fits great on the 19.

3. rgd1089

rgd1089 New Member

Thanks for your help. How is the brightness ? And also is the trl1s color more bluefish than white ?

4. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I would go stream light. I did research before I bought mine and IMP the TLR-1 is a better light

5. rgd1089

rgd1089 New Member

Thanks .. I'm leaning more towards the stream light now ... Anyone know any other good ones I can look at ? For a reasonable price ?

6. WhoNeedsMetalGuns

WhoNeedsMetalGuns New Member

My TLR-1 has a white light and i heard the glock lights are not very bright! Think you can not go wrong with TLR- 1 .

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

TLR-3 is the way to go.

8. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

I have a TRL-1, it's very bright white light. I bought it in March, have used it about 2 hours, and I'm still on the original batteries. It's pretty incredible light... for cost and effectiveness, you can't go wrong.

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I do carry TLR's and would recommend them over Glocks light for the holster options. I also sell the glock lights, they are cheaper and they work, the TLR's are brighter though. I will be back in office tomorrow to post a price (I try to match prices as best I can.)

10. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

I meant TLR~... TRL~ would likely be some rip off imitation you'd buy on 'G-bay!'

11. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Tlr3 sat way to far forward on the rail and I couldn't reach the controls.

12. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'm a huge fan of the TLR-1, have them on several firearms both pistols and long guns. I don't think they can be beat for the money, buy a TLR-1 and 'cry once' as they say; they are worth the few extra bucks.

13. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I have a TLR1 & a 1s. You can't beat them for the price, especially with the C4 LED. I also have a TLR3 & a TLR4, and a Streamlight Nightfighter. They make great stuff!

I would not recommend the TLR3 or 4 on a Glock 17 or 19 unless you have long fingers.

14. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I have the Glock GTL22 which is the light with laser and dimmer. I really like it operationally (i.e. the controls are easy to reach and use my G19 and 34) and the unit fits like it is made for the gun (because it is). Holster options are terrible though. I bought a Fobus holster and hated it (never tried wearing it because I disliked it so much).

At this point I barely use the unit because it isn't practical for CCW. If I kept a firearm bedside I would definitely have the GTL22 on it though.

15. rgd1089

rgd1089 New Member

What is the difference between the trl1 and 1s ?

16. thomasjefferson

thomasjefferson New Member

I have both. The glock light has better ergonomics and performance bar none. All you would expect from Glock. The TLR is a good buy for the money if quality is NOT your priority. The TLR will get the job done. Mine is bedside and the wife likes the light/laser combo use.

17. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

I think the "s" version has the strobe function but I'm not sure on that.

18. Yes, the TLR-1S has a strobe function. It's what we are issued on my Sheriff's Dept. SORT team. I love the light. Extremely bright and very easy to use.

19. rgd1089

rgd1089 New Member

I'm not 100% set on any of them and money isn't what is gonna make my decision . I want somthing that is bright . That will work . And not cheap quality .. I'm open to other lights to but these were the main 2 I was looking at . And after reading the comments I think I'm goin with the trl 1

20. tbhracing

tbhracing New Member

CA
    After watching Nutnfancy's video on the TLR3, I was sold. Its bright, smaller and sleek. I will try to come back and post the video.