Glock knuckle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by glock21noob, Mar 6, 2012.

1. glock21noob

glock21noob New Member

Got it, now how to prevent it while firing.

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I'm not sure what you are referring to?

3. Lugwrench

Lugwrench New Member

Maybe slide bite on the thumb?

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

That's the only thing I can figure. I would recommend using a different grip. This happened to my buddy because he had a revolver-style grip. Use a modern 50/50 grip to solve this. Check this video out, it has improved my shooting greatly and no slide bite :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9uG5bPubw[/ame]

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

So, we still don't know what the OP was referring to?

I would imagine, since it's "knuckle" not "thumb", that it wouldn't be slide bite, but I otherwise haven't the foggiest idea.

Most curious....

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

If your thumb slides up the back some, over the "beaver tail" than the slide can bite the knuckle on the way back, happened to Webroach. Just not sure if thats what OP means.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Do you mean, like holding with the supprt thumb crossed over top of the shooting hand?

My, but that's such a no-no! :D

8. Webphisher

Yup. We each did it ONCE. Cause thats all it takes LOL. I grew up shooting rifles and what not, so this was the first pistol I shot. The shop I bought it from didn't do a thing to educate me on how to fire it, load it, clear jams. I told them I'd never touched a pistol before they said, "Range is that way" and walked off. Needless to say I don't shop there anymore and I switched to a lane full of Spec Ops guys that have no problem showing you a thing or two when they get bored :D

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Strangely, in my list of gun-related f-ups, I have never had a ND/AD nor have I had the peeled open thumb from the slide. I have dropped mags, and I have <sheepish grin> dropped a loaded handgun, but never an injury. My Dad had a .45 hole thru his palm, and ever since being a kid, I respected (and even feared) guns, 'coz Dad struck me as the safest person I know, and yet he got hurt cleaning his 1911.

Still, I am most curious to learn what a "Glock Knuckle" is....

10. Webphisher

I got lucky, it didn't skin my knuckle it just hit it hard. But ya, what the hell, Glock Knuckle? Maybe we do want this...I mean I love my Glock guns, and bags, and hats, and knife, maybe I want a knuckle too! TELL US!! lol

11. glock21noob

glock21noob New Member

As it was explained to me. Your middle finger goes under the trigger guard on the high point of the grip while firing. After shooting for a while you get a blister right in front of your second knuckle of the middle finger. I asked my instructor how to prevent it and what I was doing wrong. He said " nothing, it means you have been holding it right" and he called it "glock knuckle". I thought it was common, I guess only he and I have called it that.

image-3407074125.jpg

12. WadeP

WadeP New Member

On some guns, the edge of the trigger guard where it meets the frame is too sharp. Take a small file and round it off and it will stop rubbing your social finger.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Aaah.....mystery solved! Thanks, Glock21noob!

I might have some ideas on that. Will be back....