Glock Knives Any Thoughts Choose Your Color

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LONEWOLF, Apr 25, 2012.

1. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

I have a OD green Glock field knife read great reviews havnt really tested it out yet.....

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Looking to get an OD green one myself...

Where did you get yours and how much ( if you don't mind me askin' ) ?

3. I have an OD green one I Duracoated (it wasn't OD before)

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I just got an OD one from Grab a Gun, I think, for $31 & change. Maybe it was $34, because I got the "root saw" blade. It was either Grab a Gun or CTD.

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Midways usually has them for cheap too, thats where I got my black one.

6. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

I got my OD one w/root saw from LoneWolfDist.com I think.

They're a great knife for the money but they don't have a very good edge on them from the factory. I used my Lansky clamp knife sharpening system to reprofile each side to 20 degrees, then worked progressively down to the fine grit stone. After some stropping on cardboard, I can shave with it.

They're carbon steel, not stainless, so you have to keep them oiled to keep the edge and protect from rust. If you use it to cut food, food grade silicone is a decent rust preventative.

7. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have a Black one (It is in my Profile Pic) but I have no Idea where it was purchased or how much it cost. My Brother bought it for me when they first came out!:D

Attached Files:

8. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

od green glock knife

I got mine from budgunshop.com it was 35 bucks or so I got the serrated back one they had limited quanities the glock store has them as well i beleve its a great knife for the price much cheaper than my M9 bayonet but its carbon steel but it will do the job