Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Glock 22s for 22 years now and used to hear about Kabooms all the time, now not much. Couldn't find any on the forum either.

Are the still happening, if not, what was the problem?

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
They don't happen often, and when they do its usually cheap reloads..actually is two members here who posted about there 40s&w glocks going Kb. But one was using a cheap aftermarket POS EFK fire dragon barrel... The other was a glock 23 factory barrel, I have the picture posted

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glockinator19 said:
They don't happen often, and when they do its usually cheap reloads..actually is two members here who posted about there 40s&w glocks going Kb. But one was using a cheap aftermarket POS EFK fire dragon barrel... The other was a glock 23 factory barrel, I have the picture posted
Holy sht! That's awful... How the hell does that happen?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Put to much powder in any case and change the dimensions and kaboom. Its the GLOCK haters that spread the tales. Same thing with all the ADs. Does it happen? Sure. Not as much as some would lead you to believe. I have been shooting and carrying a GLOCK for almost 20 years. Only 1 oops in 30 years and it was NOT with a GLOCK.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unsupported chambers...But it's nothing to worry about. It isn't a common occurrence, just don't shoot no name reloads lol
C'mon people! Can we PLEASE quit spreading misinformation?

Very early GLOCK 40's had chambers that were cut for reliability and did not have great case support. This was corrected by GLOCK a LONG time ago, and is no longer an issue. GLOCKS have as much case support as any other polymer pistol on the market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts