GLOCK, Inc's Stand on California and Gen 4's (from GLOCK's General Counsel)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dnjscott, Jul 26, 2012.

1. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

During my search for answers to if I could legally bring my Gen 4 into California, I emailed GLOCK to inquire on the status of getting Gen 4's on the approved roster. Basically the answer was, GLOCK isn't even gonna try. Adding a magazine disconnect is crap and adds more parts to the guns making them more susceptible to failure and GLOCK is not going to compromise quality and safety for a sale. (Bravo for GLOCK) Californians need to make their politicians pony up and enact gun laws that aren't crap. That is paraphrased of course but
    I attached a copy of the email that I received from Carlos Guevara GLOCK's General Counsel.

It's good to see that there is still a company out there that has integrity and isn't going to sell out for a buck.

Attached Files:

2. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Hate Commifornia, Love Glock.

3. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

He said it well. California needs to step up and fix their crappy laws. Dont hold your breath it will take a while or might not even happen at all. Unless Feinstein and Boxer get kicked out of the senate.

4. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

Two things that I am positive about. One, I will never live in california. Two, I will always have, and continue to purchase glocks.

5. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

I left California in 1993 and will never go back!!!! I only go there occasionally to visit relatives.

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

As do i. Left cali in 2001, wasnt my choice but id never move back lol.

7. dnjscott

dnjscott New Member

I left in 1998 and NEVER thought I would be going back, but unfortunately I have a job waiting there for me and I have to support my family. I would love to stay where I am but finances aren't allowing it.

Thankfully I have my GLOCK and it's going with me.

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Bravo Glock! I enthusiastically support your choice!

9. 92GTA

92GTA New Member

Good for Glock, totally the right choice!

10. Mjones

Mjones New Member

Barrett also stood up to Commiefornia. They developed a better cartridge than the .50 cal when it was pretty much outlawed in that state and also refused to repair the police rifle that was sent to them.

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

This will be the only chance!!

12. glocknloaded

I am just glad we have the Gen 3's.

You can get Gen 4s here it's just a pain in the ass and there's already a thread on that.

I really miss the gun laws in Florida but I love living here so I'll just continue to stay, stand and fight for my rights..

13. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Barrett stopped working on California PD rifles when the LAPD used it as a prop to outlaw .50's .
    "Hey you guys are evil makers of evil products you shouldn't exist! Can you fix my rifle?"

Makes perfect sense!

14. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Bumping an old thread.

Any updates on Gen 4 to CA?

15. zenabi90

zenabi90 New Member

Not gonna be legal, and it's gonna stay that way, especially with the new micro stamping law in effect as a requirement for getting on the handgun roster.

16. zenabi90

zenabi90 New Member

Excuse me, they're legal assuming you acquire them legally, aka PPT or SSE. But they won't make it on the roster

17. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Wait a minute.
    I saw Glocks official response on this...

Let me find it...
    Here it is,

Attached Files:

18. glocknloaded

Lmfao............

19. ncreb24

ncreb24 New Member

That's awesome!!!!!