Glock Forum banner

Glock in Flat Dark Earth!

12K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Argyle64 
#1 ·
So I'm looking to buy my second glock... I'm checking out all the models, going to the range, etc. I knew about the OD Green option, which im not the biggest fan of, and I do love all black. Then I stumbled across a website that only sells to FFL holders and, from what I can tell, exclusively carries 9 Glock models with Flat Dark Earth frames including some Gen 4. I'm sure im not the first to discover it but I thought I would share it for your consideration and or opinion. www.lipseys.com

It could be because its "limited edition" or the Devil Dog in me, but I find myself salivating over it, regardless of the hefty price tag.

#9 ·
I know what you mean which is why I took my G17 and did this to it. Tell me what you think. Teflon coated the frame OD Tan and the slide black with the barrel coated as well. New fulcrum trigger kit from GlockStore. New trijicon night sights and steel guide rode. I'm still waiting on the dual ported black barrel

#11 ·
finalforceg17 said:
i know what you mean which is why i took my g17 and did this to it. Tell me what you think. Teflon coated the frame od tan and the slide black with the barrel coated as well. New fulcrum trigger kit from glockstore. New trijicon night sights and steel guide rode. I'm still waiting on the dual ported black barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Sleeve Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Tints and shades

Attachments

#12 ·
It looks great. I got my G38 frame duracoated and will pick it up this weekend. I refuse to pay the markup that some dealers are charging for fde frames, plus they didn't do it for the G38. I found a local gun shop that does it. I will post a photo once I reassemble it.

#16 ·
My local dealer has a glock 19 dark earth for $529 + 6% tax out the door. Not sure what gen it is. It's funny because i came across it today looking for my first wheel barrel gun. Hah
I ordered a Gen 4, and it was close to 600 after tax and all. I guess that makes it about 559 bucks. It still isn't here yet though. :mad:

#18 ·
When will it arrive? Did you order it directly from glock?
No, you have to order it through a local shop that deals with Lipsey's. Lipsey's was the only distributor. Mine is on order through them via my local gun shop. Since they went on backorder, and my local shop was giving me nothing information wise, I asked Lipsey's when the next shipment will be, and they told me Sept/Oct.

Still on hold, waiting for it to show up.....

#19 ·
KeenansGarage said:
No, you have to order it through a local shop that deals with Lipsey's. Lipsey's was the only distributor. Mine is on order through them via my local gun shop. Since they went on backorder, and my local shop was giving me nothing information wise, I asked Lipsey's when the next shipment will be, and they told me Sept/Oct.

Still on hold, waiting for it to show up.....
Damn sept/oct? Haha. Atleast you have something to look forward to in the next couple of months. I'll pray for you friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.